“Perfectly Fine” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Simsbury, Connecticut
“Perfectly Fine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We went on a Monday night and the restaurant was empty. Despite this, it took almost an hour to get our food! Other reviews on this site had mentioned how slow service was, but I figured people had gone at busier times. I'd hate to have eaten here on a weekend!

However, the food was pretty good. Not the best I've ever eaten, but it hit the spot. I got the chicken platter with maple glaze. It was only slightly better than Friendly's quality. However, other members of the party got steak, which tasted amazing. We also ordered dessert, which was awesome! I highly recommend the cinnamon bun bread pudding.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

McMinnville, Tennessee
“Nice lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We recently stayed at the Smuggler's Notch Resort and one of the days we were there we ate at the Morse Mountain Grille for lunch.
Our family ordered different entrees and we enjoyed all of them.
The chicken Caesar was great, also tired Fried Chicken special, and grilled cheese with french onion soup. Service was friendly and we were given coupons when we checked in so that was extra nice. It is a convenient place to eat if you are staying at Smuggler's Notch and don't want to drive.

Visited May 2013
Stowe, Vermont
“Love the burgers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Quick & friendly service either sit down or take out! Food portions are nice size and always good yummy food! Reasonable prices. Enjoy a beer & meal while watching the skiers in the Village Green of Smugglers' Notch.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rye, New Hampshire
“Very Good Service, just OK atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were looking for a snack and a drink by the fire, and had the place to ourselves. Apparently, there is no "apres SKi" here during school vacation week in Feb. Service was very good, and appetizers were tasty.

Visited February 2013
Wellesley, Massachusetts
“Didn't even get to the food...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

OK, so I reviewed this place about a year ago for dinner. I was not going to review it again, but service was so poor that I had to.

We were here for lunch this time,so we sat in the lower bar area. I decided I was not going to have the time to order and eat because I had to pick up the kids from ski camp. So my husband sat at the bar by himself. He watched for 10-15 minutes while being totally ignored. Not even a drink order was taken and yet two other people sat at the bar and were served a drink and their order taken.

He gave up and left after telling the "welcoming" person who seats you that service was unacceptable, as he had been ignored all that time while others were being served. So we were not back for lunch or dinner this time and have little intention of returning.

• Visited February 2013