Smugglers Notch was fantastic. The grounds are beautiful and there are plenty of places to hike,swim and enjoy quiet, scenic places with your family, with your love one or just spending some time alone. We just loved it! My kids really enjoyed walking around the small creeks and finding some 'cool' rocks to collect or just to throw back into the water. We spent 4 nights at the resort in July: Mon-Thurs. We arrived at Smuggs at 4:30 and checked in. Our condo was ready and we stayed in the Hakone building. We had a spacious 2 bedroom and 2 bath condo. It was equipped with a washer,dryer, dishwasher and 3 cable TVs. Both bedrooms had a King Size Bed and a small trundle bed. One of the bedrooms had a balcony and there was another balcony from the living room. We really liked the condo. We brought our own food from our local grocery store knowing that Smuggs convenient store would be pricey. We also brought pretreated charcoal to use on their many grills. (charcoal fuel is prohibited) The only down side of our particular condo was there was no grill at our building. We eventually grilled near one of the water parks.The grounds are spacious. They offer a shuttle bus which we used only once. Our condo was centrally located so we really has no need for the shuttle.
Smuggs offers 4 waterparks: 3 are outside and 1 park is indoors. The indoor park is limited to the North Hill Community, which we did not stay at, but my youngest son went to the indoor park while he was at camp. If you have kids 3 and over, the camp programs are including in the "Familyfest Vacation Package". My 5 year old attended "Trail Blazers" and my 7 year old attended "Adventure Rangers" this group breaks down into "minors" which he picked "adventure games" as his minor. The camp was great. My kids loved it. It is from 10-4 each day. I loved the camp, too, because it allowed us some alone time. We spent some time at the waterparks, hiked, played scrabble and just relaxed while the kids were at camp. The also offer camps for Adults but we did not participate. On Thurdays, the Children's put on a parade with all the camp children from ages 3-6, it was cute. Smuggs also hosted a Summer Showcase for their guest on Thursdays. Outdoor vendors and entertainment were provided along with outdoor games like water balloon tossing and some wacky pedal go-cart race. Although we checked out of the condo at noon, the kids still attended full day camp and we were encouraged to use the grounds for the entire day.
Check out of the condo was fantastic. You do not have to do any cleaning prior to check out. This was one advantage of renting thru Smuggs. The cleaning was included in the rental price(including the dishes). I Loved that! The condo had pretty much everything you could image in it. Anything that I thought I would need and brought "just in case" were already provided in the condo. I also loved that the condo had a washer and dryer. We really loved Smuggs and we were lucky to have fantastic sunny weather
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smugglers' Notch is a year round mountain resort offering acclaimed programs for families and seasonal activities including alpine and cross country skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, and snowshoeing; enjoyment of 8 pools and 4 waterslides; guided hiking; children's programs and a zip line canopy tour. The resort village amenities include condominiums with fully equipped kitchens, restaurants, a child care center, two teen centers, a country store, a sport shop, a massage center, and winter ski & ride equipment rental and tuning/repair facilities. Smugglers' is nestled in Vermont's northern Green Mountains about 50 minutes from Burlington, Vermont. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotwire and Despegar.com so you can book your Smugglers' Notch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smugglers` Notch Hotel Smugglers Notch
- Smugglers' Notch Resort Vermont/Jeffersonville