I just returned from a trip to Smugglers Notch. Not good. We stayed in Norland...it was like camping. The stairs leading in were made of wood and in need of major repair. My Husband slipped and fell twice carrying in our luggage. It was a huge process to unpack. There were about 40 stairs and 2 sets of stairs to get to our room. No elevators at all. The room looked was bad......potato chip crubs were all over the floor, and when my son climbed into bed the sheets were inside out and did not fit the twin bed. They were to short by several inches!!! The pillows were horiffic...all stained and nasty and the blankets were filthy. There is no maid service, just a closet opened in the hall. I felt like I was living in a dirty dorm. The halls and stairs were filthy. The skiing was okay. The lifts are painfully slow!!!! If you are looking for a fun lodge to hang out in this is not the place. there are a few restaurants, but no bar, or lodge with a fireplace.....The kids went in the pool, which was fine. It did stink very badly of chlorine. The fun zone was fun.....there was just NO parking at all. We had to walk everywhere in freezing like blizzard conditions!!!!! We had dinner at the Moose Lodge one night.....very expensive mediocre food. It was $8.99 for a kids meal!!!!! When you leave your room you are expected to strip the beds and vaccum. The vaccum did not work at all. I called housekeeping and they came with a new bag...only to find that there was no bag in the vaccum...it was filled with dirt and lint!!!! I will not be going back here....it was awful!!!! The rooms had internet, but you had to pay $10.00 per day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smugglers' Notch is a year round mountain resort offering acclaimed programs for families and seasonal activities including alpine and cross country skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, and snowshoeing; enjoyment of 8 pools and 4 waterslides; guided hiking; children's programs and a zip line canopy tour. The resort village amenities include condominiums with fully equipped kitchens, restaurants, a child care center, two teen centers, a country store, a sport shop, a massage center, and winter ski & ride equipment rental and tuning/repair facilities. Smugglers' is nestled in Vermont's northern Green Mountains about 50 minutes from Burlington, Vermont. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Smugglers' Notch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smugglers` Notch Hotel Smugglers Notch
- Smugglers' Notch Resort Vermont/Jeffersonville