We reserved a 5 day FamilyFest package. This included the camp for our kids (our kids fit into Notch Squad for 11-15 year olds). We figured the kids might try one or two days of camp but they were eager to go the whole time. The camp was subdivided into interest groups (adventure ~sports, nature & hiking, arts and crafts, and sound & stage). This was perfect for our kids. Each group included a little hiking and swimming everyday. Kids can change interest groups through the week. They came home each day tired from all the fresh air & exercise and happy. Camp was from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. which gave my husband and I a chance to have some time together. We were able to join in some of the guided hikes, enjoy a quiet coffee & tea, take advantage of the pools and hot tubs and explore some of the nearby towns (Stowe, Morrisville, etc.). The added bonus was that the kids made some new friends and were eager to spend time exploring the resort (pools, Fun Zone, activity centres) with their new buddies after camp. It was a nice combination of having time to do our own thing and having fun together as a family. The resort is spread out but there is a convenient shuttle available to all the condos and amenities. Our condo in the West Hill area (2 bedroom premium) was clean, spacious and had a wonderful deck with a view of the mountains. The premium condos are a little more expensive but well worth it ( more space, great views, etc.). Check out the website to see the various floor plans of the different condos. There was a fully equipped kitchen and dining room in the condo making it convenient to be able to make our own meals. As in other reviews, we did shop for groceries off-site. Morrisville has a nice grocery store with lots of fresh produce & reasonable prices. It is about 20 minutes away. There is a general store at the resort that is great for milk and other essentials. Overall a great family place to stay that provided us with some priceless family memories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smugglers' Notch is a year round mountain resort offering acclaimed programs for families and seasonal activities including alpine and cross country skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, and snowshoeing; enjoyment of 8 pools and 4 waterslides; guided hiking; children's programs and a zip line canopy tour. The resort village amenities include condominiums with fully equipped kitchens, restaurants, a child care center, two teen centers, a country store, a sport shop, a massage center, and winter ski & ride equipment rental and tuning/repair facilities. Smugglers' is nestled in Vermont's northern Green Mountains about 50 minutes from Burlington, Vermont. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Smugglers' Notch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smugglers` Notch Hotel Smugglers Notch
- Smugglers' Notch Resort Vermont/Jeffersonville