“Decent food at a fair price” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“Decent food at a fair price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Our family had dinner at the Jay Village Inn. It was ok and would maybe consider going back in the future if we are in the area. What I did not like is the where the location of the washroom which was directly in front of our table. It is a lodge atmosphere which suits the location well. The exterior does not look very inviting but the food was better than I expected.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Quechee, Vermont
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We went to dinner at the Jay Village Inn during a recent visit to the Jay Peak Resort. We had seen positive reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. Don't let the looks from the outside, or inside for that matter, fool you. The menu was somewhat limited, but the quality and presentation and value were excellent. The JVI really has someone preparing the meals who is very creative and displays great passion. There was great use of local foods, the prices were reasonable and the service was very good. Overall, I would highly recommend the JVI.

It is pretty loud when the dining room fills up, but it is definitely worth the trip to get away from the high priced meals at the resort.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Waterdown, Canada
“Lots of stock”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great selection of local foods, but very short of fruit and veggies . Would be nice if the concentrated less on the deli meat and increased the produce

Visited March 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Great lodge atmosphere meets excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were at Jay Peak for a hockey tournament and ventured off site a few times for meals. We sampled breakfast at the homey Jay Village Inn and it was top notch! My wife had the veggie omelette and I enjoyed one of the best eggs benedicts I have ever had (and I have had my share of benedicts). The potatoes were yummy and the sauce perfect. We went back with the hockey team for supper and I ordered the lobster bisque which at $16 had better be good. It was excellent! The bowl was massive and there were huge chunks of lobster meat through-out. I ordered a creole sauce pasta special as my main course and could barely put a dent in it because I was full from the bisque. The next day, the pasta was excellent heated up. The service was friendly and the place just felt right. This is a great alternative to the places onsite at Jay Peak and only a few minutes away.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice restaurant near Jay Peak resort.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We went to dinner here while vacationing at Jay Peak resort. The decor is very rustic and fits in well with the ski area atmosphere. The food was good but not great with large portions. The service was pretty good and the staff was very friendly. The menu was a little bit small but there are nightly specials. Its a nice restaurant for the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere