“if they could only fix the food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jay Peak Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jay
Jay Peak Resort
4850 Rte. 242, Jay, VT 05859   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Jay
Massachusetts
“if they could only fix the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

we were there in summer time, so not sure about the skiing part. the water park was terrific, brand new and spotless. the rooms are nice though the kitchen appliances were kinda stock and cheap looking. The general downside was the food and the price of staying, cost us a ton of money, relatively speaking, this was up there with a place in the Swiss Alps. However, local food was rather "fast", so bring your own if you're a food snob like me :-)

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed at the Jay Peak Resort Hotel last summer with our kids. The rooms rooms were great, good size, clean, modern and had a small kitchenette in the room which was fully equipped. We had a view of the water park which our kids loved. The water park is awesome!! Much better than other places we have been to. We had a great time and would definitely go back again. We also rented a cabana in the water park on the second day which gives you a tv, lots of towels, water and a mini fridge. We were able to enjoy the day a lot more with this since the kids could come back and find us easily, rest and eat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MoveUp_JPR, Manager at Jay Peak Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Glad you had fun. Come back and see us again and thanks for taking the time to write.

Best

Winchester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I am a really tough customer. I do a lot of international travel for work, so I have high expectations and I'm frequently disappointed. Not so with Jay Peak Resort! I booked a "2 bedroom suite lock out" at Hotel Jay and it was fantastic. The "room" was huge and really top notch - nice furnishings (not cheap ski-house stuff), granite counter tops in the kitchen, sparkling new appliances, gas fireplace, amazing views from our balcony. We have 3 kids (age 9, 11 and 12) so the second bedroom was perfect with a big twin bed and solid bunk beds. We stayed over a very cold, rainy weekend in August so the water park was a HUGE hit! It really is awesome. We spent most of Saturday there before heading over to the ice rink for some skating! All of the employees we encountered were five star - so friendly and helpful. The provisions store was right outside our door and carried groceries, beer/wine and other treats. People are right when they say that it's very remote, but the resort is great. I would recommend staying at the Hotel Jay or Tram House (which are connected with an underground tunnel). All of the condos are "within walking distance" to the amenities but it would be quite a hike from some. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Corner room 448 in Hotel Jay was fantastic! Request a room facing the mountain, not the parking lot...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Glad you enjoyed yourself and that we exceeded expectations. Hope you can make it back when the snow flies (and as of this am, it feels like the flying could start soon)

Thanks again for taking the time to write

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We used a Travelzoo deal to stay here. The cost of staying the night almost cancelled itself out if you considered water park cost. The 1 bedroom rooms are great. Full kitchens and Keurig machines. The balconies were nice to sit out on. Everything is super clean. It is a very remote area of Vermont with not much else to do. Do not forget to bring food from home. The provisions store did carry items but $7.00 for a box of cereal or 9.59 a pound for deli is a bit high. The kids loved the water park and the lifeguards are super attentive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to write and glad you enjoyed yourself. I'm not sure we have the pricing 100% correct in Provisions (some prices seem intuitively high while others, too low). Given how recently we've been open in there, we'll definitely continue to tweak/refine.

Thanks again and hope to see you again soon.

Pottersville, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I spent two nights at Jay Peak for a conference. The facility is all new neat an clean. My biggest regret was the event was all work for me so I had very little chance to really enjoy the entire facility. Lots of money is being spent on the entire resort and it will be interesting to see how the entire facility will look in a few years.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Glad you enjoyed your conference and appreciate that you took the time to write. Next time, build in a day or two for yourself and kick back. Hope to see you again soon.

Best regards

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

My 2 year old daughter and I had a wonderful time. The pool is fantastic and the mountains are beautiful.
A few things I didn't like. The lady at check in was SO rude. I politely requested an early checkin so my daughter could take her nap and the front desk lady was soooooo rude to me. Even my friends I was with could not believe how she spoke to me. The rest of the staff were so friendly. Oir room was clean but the windows were filthy. There were grubby hand prints everywhere which made our mountain view less enjoyable.
This place needs a playground. There's nothing to do before 10am so a few swings and a slide for the kids would have been wonderful. It's not an expensive purchase and I noticed other reviews mentioning the same thing.
Overall we loved our trip and may return if I can get over how badly I was treated at check in.

• Stayed July 2013
Glad you had a great time, save your bad experience with check in. I will look into this immediately and we'll address with our front desk staff. I appreciate the opportunity to improve via your suggestions. Hope to see you again to offer an improved check in experience.

Best and thanks for taking the time to write.

Portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We just went to Jay Peak, Vermont. It was a mid-week family mini vacation, provided by my son as an anniversary gift. We had a great time! We have 2 and 4 year old grandchildren, my son and wife are in their 30's, my husband in his 60's and I am in my 50's. We all had a great time. There is a huge indoor water park. There was a big kiddie area, lazy river, and 4 big water slides. It was a great chance for my husband and I to be kids again. We ice skated at the onsite ice arena and then returned home to our 2 bedroom family suite w/ a full kitchen and fireplace. We shopped at the shops, played at the arcade and had dinner without ever leaving the resort. We didn't get to go on the tram ride because of the weather. It is very clean and staff was great. I will definitely go back!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and never once heard any noise!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Yes, it seems like there's a bit for every generation here for sure. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and hope you get a chance to come back, soon, for that Tram ride. Fall colors are a few weeks away but it's a perfect time to get a high-altitude perspective on New England's colors.

I appreciate you taking the time to write.

Steve Wright

Been to Jay Peak Resort? Share your experiences!