“The perfect combination of luxury, relaxation and great food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Three Mountain Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jamaica
Three Mountain Inn
You added Three Mountain Inn to your Saves list
Rt 30 / 100, Main Street, Jamaica, VT 05343   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Jamaica B&B and Inns
Philadelphia
“The perfect combination of luxury, relaxation and great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

We stayed at The Three Mountain Inn while on a ski trip to Stratton. Our room was incredible, the bed was so comfortable and everything was clean and comforting. The breakfast each morning is the best I have ever had (you must try the muffin and scones of the day, they are great!) and I come from a family of foodies so that is a high compliment. There are 100's of DVD's in the main house that you can peruse and view at your convenience- perfect for a relaxing evening by the fire after a day of skiing.
We found a great pizzeria up the road and Ed and Jennifer gave us a few tips on local eateries for the nights we did not eat at the Inn. We had dinner at the Inn one night and it was great- the dessert melted in my mouth.
We will definitely be back for a Spring or Fall visit- the area is beautiful and low-key. We saw a Yoga studio abt 15 mins away too for those not into the skiing. We also found many local places that provide you with rental bikes, kayaks, etc. It really is a great, romantic place for anytime of year.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

My husband and I planned a last minute ski trip to Stratton, VT and booked the Sage Cottage at the inn. The room is to die for; the pictures do not do it justice. My husband and I would move in there if we were allowed. The whole establishment is immaculate and we put it on the same level as staying at the Four Seasons. The hosts, Ed and Jennifer, are so nice and attentive and will truly help make your stay as special as possible. The food in the restaurant is fabulous! I can't wait to stay there again! If you love to ski, it is only a 10 minute drive to the mountain.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Farmington, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

My wife and I spent three days back in October at the Three Mountain Inn.

It was our anniversary and we wanted to have a couple get away, no kids, dogs, house chores, just the two of us.

We did a good amount of research for this escape and we decided on Jamaica Vermont and the Three Mountain Inn. We feel we did a great job.

First, the inn is wonderful. Very well kept, clean and nicely decorated. The inn has a nice style, nothing frilly or overdone, just perfect. From the moment you walk into the small cozy pub you feel right at home. The main room features two couches with a big fire that is ALWAYS going. We met several nice couples sitting in front of the fire.

The first night we decided to splurge and have dinner at the inn. We were very happy that we did, the menu was varied plenty on the menu for a very picky eater (me) and my wife who really enjoys gourmet food. We loved dinner so much we decided to book again for dinner on our last night.

One big thing we would do differently is we booked one of the smaller rooms, the Chester room. We booked the room because we were on a budget, even when I was booking Ed had said it was a small room and asked if either or us was 6 foot or taller. The room has a slanted ceiling and when we arrived we understood what he was talking about. The room was clean and the bed was super comfortable we slept very well. We joked with Ed that we were booked into the “penthouse”. We were happy in the room but did have a chance to see the larger rooms with fireplaces and decided for an extra $30.00 a night they were worth it. We will book a bigger room next visit.

Jennifer, Ed and Staff – Thanks for such a wonderful experience we will be back to see you very soon!!!!

london,england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

Jamaica as a town has nothing to offer other than trees. This hotel lacks continuity in the quality of rooms. My bathroom was small with paint peeling off the sealing,stained sealant around the bath and a sink which would not hold water. The restaurant only offered a 4 course gourmet menu at 55 dollars with a pretentious lettice course.
If you want to go to Vermont go to Woodstock lots of choice of accomadation, beautiful white clapper board buildings, and good restaurants.

North Shore Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

A much needed escape from the rat race. It was beautiful. Every detail was exceptional. Jen and Ed were so warm and welcoming. Dinner AND breakfast was was over the top. On of the best meal we ever had.

stratford, ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at this beautiful, warm , friendly inn. The Sage Cottage was like a staying in a private, luxurious cottage while steps away from a four star intimate restaurant. We had never even heard of Jamaica, VT and were pleasantly surprised when we totally enjoyed the hike through Jamaica State forest, walking up Main street and meeting the delightful, engaging, knowledgable art gallery owner- Elaline Beckwith and shopping in the colorful Hot Glass Works. Innkeepers Jennifer and Ed are attentive to their guests and really seem to enjoy what they do!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

I hesitated to use this title, because calling this a quintessential Vermont is in some ways limiting. Yes, it has charm to spare. Yes, it's situated (quite perfectly) in the center of a small, vibrant Vermont town. Yes, the backyard Adirondack chairs are well positioned for perfect foliage viewing. And yes, the syrup is, of course, local.

Yet Three Mountain Inn is an inn you'd be thrilled to find anywhere -- not just in New England. I drove here from Chicago, looking for a relaxing place to hike and visit family on the way to a work meeting in Boston. Jennifer and Ed enthusiastically welcomed me and my dog, providing her with her own bed and cookies and a friendly code of conduct, "signed" by their own dog.

The room -- the Windham -- is beyond awesome. The layout is slightly different than what you'll see in the website pix -- the bathroom has been re-done with modern tile, and the dresser is now by the door, leaving ample space by the work desk for bags and books (unfortunately a necessity on this trip). The private porch is an added bonus and the perfect reading spot on a warm, fall afternoon. Everything is clean and charming -- but not too charming. Modern comfort is prioritized above all.

Last night I arrived early enough to grab a drink at the bar, and tonight my parents joined me for the five-course dinner. It was delicious, and the service was attentive and friendly without being over-bearing. The smartly edited menu pleased meat and fish lovers (my parents) and the lone vegetarian (me). In fact, the chef made a special vegetarian amuse course (thanks!). Try to leave room for dessert -- the chocolate molten may be the best ever.

The inn is within a short walk of Jamaica State Park. After a breakfast of fresh fruit and French toast this morning, I did a 6-mile round-trip run on a flat (yes!) trail along a winding riverbed. Post-run, the hot shower was welcomed though a note to visitors: don't stand under the shower head when you turn the water on; it takes a few minutes to heat up.

Though phone service is unavailable, at least via Sprint, the inn's wi-fi is strong and speedy, and this room is one of several equipped with a flat-screen TV and DVD.

Recommended in town: Jamaica Coffee House serves good wraps and sandwiches and has a nice selection of locally made apple and pumpkin butters as well as syrups.

My only regret is leaving after two nights. I definitely hope to return.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to Three Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!