“Great Place and Amazing Food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Asta's Swiss Inn

Asta's Swiss Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jamaica
Asta's Swiss Inn
You added Asta's Swiss Inn to your Saves list
3894 Main Street, Jamaica, VT 05343   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Jamaica B&B and Inns
Sterling, Virginia
“Great Place and Amazing Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I came up from the DC area for a weekend getaway and this place was perfect. The room was cozy and clean and the food was spectacular. Bonnie and Chef Michel were the amazing hosts and couldn't have been any nicer. The night before I left I informed then that I would be leaving before breakfast and they both offered to wake up early too in order to make sure I had a good meal before I left. I told them that that wasn't necessary as I didn't want to inconvenience anyone, about 20 minutes later Chef Michel handed me a brown paper bag and said, "I packed you some goodies for the road." On the way back I opened the bag and there was a generous piece of cinnamon pound cake, a large homemade apple and walnut turnover and a handful of chocolates.

Even if you don't stay in the B&B, you'll be doing yourself a favor by stopping in their restaurant for a fantastic meal with a great atmosphere. The lobster bisque was the best I've ever had.

I will definitely be coming back to this place and I hope many other people visit as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, we felt like treasured guests. Chef Michael is the ultimate food artist.....Innkeeper Bonnie is the outstanding hostess. They make an awesome pair. We enjoyed our stay so much we're planning a return visit. GREAT EXPERIENCE!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I ate here with friends in early November and loved this place. The food is delicious, simple, fresh, homecooked with a wonderful Swiss theme.

The restaurant is cozy and atmospheric, perfect for cold winter evenings.

The Swiss theme even extends to a real live St Bernard dog (outside).

Corrie

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011 via mobile

Such a relaxing stay here! Thanks Bonnie and Michel! The food is excellent especially the breakfasts! Our room was nice, cozy and very clean! What a great find and lookin forward to staying here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011 via mobile

Because the location is convenient, the atmosphere is relaxing, and the food is wonderful. My friends and I love to stop by in the summer for lunch in the Beer garden, but my sweetheart enjoys stopping by in the winter time because it's that perfect spot for a romantic dinner after a day of playing in the snow. Our favorites are the Escargot and frog legs, we also share a crème brûlée for dessert.

• Stayed August 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The room we stayed in was great and very reasonable priced. As soon as we entered the property we felt like we were at an Inn in Switzerland. The inn has a beautiful garden and the view onto the little river from the dining room made the stay perfect. The hosts were very entertaining and friendly, and the food was amazing! We tried the Jägerschnitzel and the Wiener Cordon Bleu and really enjoyed it!

Room Tip: We really enjoyed staying in the red room.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

My husband and I recently took a combined business/pleasure trip to Stratton in conjunction with the Burton US Open. We were looking for "value-priced" accommodations close to the mountain and were encouraged to try Asti's by a friend in the area. Given that the price for our room including breakfast was about $50/night less than other nearby accommodations, I was not expecting more than a moderate quality experience. Boy, were our expectations exceeded!

Our second floor room was very spacious, with a suite-like sitting area (with fireplace) and separate sleeping area. The bathroom was good-sized for a country inn. From our room we had lovely views of the creek out back and some sheep grazing next door. The room was decorated very nicely and had a cozy New England feel.

The hospitality of Bonnie the innkeeper was also exceptional. She knew we were checking in late after a day of work on the mountain - in terrible weather - and took care to ensure we were warmly received when we arrived. She had a fire going in the fireplace, the lights on in our room and a plate of cheese and fruit for us to enjoy. She also offered us complimentary beer or wine from the bar. Each day she took care to ensure breakfast would be served at a time that was convenient to us, knowing that we needed to be up and out earlier than typical guests.

The included breakfast was delicous and served in the inn's very pretty dining room. We were treated to traditional Swiss museli as a starter and then eggs/bacon one day and French toast the next. It was a great way to start the day.

Zack the friendly Burmese Mountain Dog also made us feel very welcome. We would return again and hope to stay longer in the future!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Asta's Swiss Inn? Share your experiences!