“Best Brisket I Ever Tasted” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 43 restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Delicatessen, Sandwiches
Good for: Outdoor seating
Description: Route 4 Country Store Deli & Bar-B-Que offers Fabulous Food, served Fresh, Fast and Friendly! Our large BBQ Smoker is out front on Route 4, just after you exit at I-89. We have a Boars Head(tm) Deli menu, Bar-B-Que, Ice Cream, Beer/Wine and basic groceries. A main feature here is Vermont Chocolatiers, with some chocolate tempered inside the store and handmade fresh! We are EZ to get to ..Just off Vermont I-89 Exit #1 going North or South. Also close to the I-91 N or S interchange with I-89. Call us from the road to have anything ready for you and your group.
Cheshire, Connecticut
“Best Brisket I Ever Tasted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

my wife and I went to Simon Pearce and arrived too late for lunch. We were disappointed and hungry. We would up at the Route 4 Country Store and did not know what to expect. We had their smoked brisket. It was great. We also had their lobster bisque.

The owners were very friendly and engaging.

This is the best roadside store I've been too.

We will be back.

• Visited February 2013

88% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Friendly, Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

You must try their pulled pork. The setting and environment is amazing, these guys are really excellent people and produce some excellent food. If you happen to be passing by, be sure to stop in and try something.

• Visited January 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Look out Texas, Vermont's got bbq!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We went here because we saw they have Boars Head products and thought we'd get sandwiches. We noticed the sign for pulled pork as we pulled in but Margie asked if we'd like to sample of their braised beef bbq. It was fabulous so we ordered sandwiches and they were great! The owners, Margie and Tony are very nice people and tho seating is limited on the inside, they have a nice front porch. Nothing fancy, very down home, but a great spot. Also chocolates, muffins, groceries. beer, wine, gift items, maple syrup, ETC. Great spot!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best BBQ in VT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

In my opinion, the Route 4 Country Store has the best BBQ in Vermont. The beef brisket was tender and juice, and the ribs were fall-off-the-bone tender. Tony and Margie are also amazing people: they went above and beyond to make us feel taken care of.

I would highly recommend stopping by if your travels take you through Route 4's territory.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
South Royalton, Vermont
“Great Food. Even Better People!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This Vermont country store is a hidden gem. The food is stellar and the people are incredibly hospitable. Try the pulled pork... You will blown away!

• Visited December 2012