“Back in time-with amenities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairlee Motel & Drive-in Theater

Fairlee Motel & Drive-in Theater
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fairlee
Fairlee Motel & Drive-in Theater
You added Fairlee Motel & Drive-in Theater to your Saves list
1809 Route 5 North, Fairlee, VT   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fairlee
Little Rock, Iowa
“Back in time-with amenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

Bring your kids to this place! It's a quaint-looking old timey side of the road hotel. But it's so much more. Great amenities include a fridge, microwave, flat screen, and a set of twin bunk beds in our king sized bed room. It would be perfect for a family of 4-5. Plus you can watch the movie thru the back window! Bath room is small but just fine. Good shower water pressure & temp. Small table in room, nice dresser. Great stay for a night or short weekend. I hope they are able to keep it in business.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
West Brookfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Talk about a shot in the dark. This is not much to look at from the outside. However when I got to my room, Holy Cow!!!. The room is updated, very clean and spacious. The bed was large and very comfortable. I could even watch the drive in movie from my window, that was pretty cool!!. Never judge a book by it's cover.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Felton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This place is in a remote (and beautiful) area on the border of Vermont and New Hampshire where there is not much lodging available. Although the motel is older, it has been kept up very well. The room was surprisingly clean and roomy and the bed was very comfortable. On the downside, there's no ice machine, but there is a refrigerator in the room so that was helpful since we're on a long road trip and have several cold items we keep with us in our insulated pack. Also, I was disappointed that the Drive-In had just closed for the season, but I do understand that when the patrons go away, there's no sense in losing money. During the summer season, though, it would be lots of fun to be able to watch movies right through the picture window in your motel room. The internet connection is sketchy, but that's being worked on and you can get a signal by sitting outside near the office. Of course this isn't being compared to high end hotels, but for the area it is a good value and you won't have to be concerned with cleanliness or safety. Since I couldn't find any pictures of the motel during my online search, I took a couple to let you get a glimpse.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

What a great little motel. After a long, traffic-filled drive from New York, I was really grateful to arrive here. In town for a wedding, many guests were staying at a nearby resort but to stay on budget my boyfriend and I booked a room at the Fairlee Motel. Unfortunately we arrived after the second showing had ended (or, maybe, fortunately- it was a horror film and with the following night to be spent camping I didn't need anything frightening), but it's a great concept. Sit on your bed and catch a drive-in movie on a giant screen just outside. At the end of the day, cleanliness is of utmost importance to me at motels because I always think of the turnover. This place is incredibly clean. It's absolutely spotless. I slept really well, and should I pass through Fairlee again and need a place to stay, I'd definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Holden, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were a little bit hesitant about staying here, but we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were very clean and good sized. They have a mini fridge, flat screen tv and microwave. The bathrooms were spotless. We even watched the movie that night from our room even though we were there for a wedding. Only bummer was that you had to sit in the chairs to see the screen well, couldn't lay down on the bed. It was also very quiet, could not hear any traffic or noise from the drive in. It doesn't look great from the outside, but if you want a clean room, comfy bed and quiet night sleep, it did the job very well. My mom stayed down the road at a B&B and I liked our place better.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
blonde6138
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I have been going to this drive in every year since i was a small child. great place to take a family. One screen is available but it is a very classic setting. Two movies are shown on the weekend and one during the week. It can get crowded on the weekend and you may have to get there early. The snack bar has a lot to offer. Definitely worth visiting.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
new york new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

we've stayed in the family owned Fairlee Motel and drive in annually for the past 5 years. Rooms are spacious, clean and functional: fridge, microwave and flat screen tv as well as a small table/chairs. Bathrooms are small. Its very peaceful -- no traffic or movie viewer noise.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Fairlee Motel & Drive-in Theater? Share your experiences!