“Good place for family.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Vermont
“Good place for family.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Bring the entire family because there will be something everyone loves. This restaurant is an upgrade to your usual pizza joint. We have dined there probably once a month for the past 5 years! Kids menu is great because your kiddos can have tortellini alla panna or with butter or with sauce or any other pasta for that matter... really whatever suits them. Pizza is a little pricey, but very tasty. Pastas are also pricey, but always delicious. My husband ordered the special last night and had pasta with cherry tomatoes, shrimp, and ??? in cream sauce for $15.99. That price was high for what appeared to be 6 shrimp sauteed in a delicious sauce....

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Good food, very slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Food is great! But honestly the service is probably the worst I've ever had at any restaurant. So slowwwww! Everytime! The waitresses never seem to care anymore. New Year's Eve our table was ignored for 45 minutes. Beware.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charleston
“Not great entrees”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My company was over in Essex on business I suggested to go to Mimmos They also have a restuarant in St. Albans that is faboulous. Here in Essex was another story. We ordered the chicken alfrado the alfrado sauce was so runny you had to use a spone and it was almost tasteless. The garlic dots wer big rolls with garlic butter and cheese on them I order the chicken Marsala which had about 5 small mushroom and some runny sauce. We wer very disappointed. My co workers did order the salad and they mentioned that was fine. We did not order the oder pizza so we can not comment on that. The restaurant in St. Albans is worth the trip go there.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Maine
“Great Italian restaurant in quaint Essex”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This restaurant was far more delicious than we had expected! There were many, many choices (vegetarian options galore). We will be sure to come back here the next time we are in Essex. Accessible to everyone (families, couples, vegetarians, meat-eaters, etc.).

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stowe, Vermont
“garlic knots!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Yes, we went here for the garlic knots. Having moved to the area from NJ, I was missing my yummy classic pizza accompaniment and these hit the spot. They were a little dry - I like mine with a ton of garlic, olive oil, and parmesan cheese. But I strongly recommend. We didn't try the pizza and instead stuck with pastas, which seemed a smart decision as I saw pizzas go by that to me looked pretty standard.

Visited November 2012