“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Williston, Vermont
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

The food here is wonderful, and that is matched by the customer service you will receive from Vural and his staff. I have eaten here many times and it has always been an adventure. Start with the meze platter and ask your server for recommendations based on your preferences. They could not be more helpful. The Turkish wines are a delight. Call for reservations Friday and Saturday night. It's that good!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
IstanbulKebabHouse, Owner at Istanbul Kebab House, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Review Response:

Thank you so much for dining with us and supporting our small business! Our family is very happy to share our cuisine and culture with you. Your kind words are what keeps us going every day! See you again soon!

Jericho, Vermont
“Ethnic Delight - Do not miss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My wife and I are always willing to try restaurants that serve ethnic foods. We were not disappointed.

My wife had a shrimp casserole and I had the lamb kabob. The sauce and spices brought out an excellent taste, but were not over the top…just right.

You can see the attention to detail from the table settings, to selection of Turkish wine, to the quick and friendly service and great prices.

Our meals were both visually appealing and delicious.

During dinner, our discussions were around, this being our new most favorite restaurant in the area. We will be back very soon.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
IstanbulKebabHouse, Owner at Istanbul Kebab House, responded to this review, November 21, 2013

Essex, Vermont
“Incredible and AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

What a surprise! Authentic and truly great flavors. A little spot in a hidden place and what a surprise. The owners are so genuine and the food is incredile. From the grape leaves to the lavish bread, it's all good. The lamb kibobs are to die for. Be careful ofnthe baklavar, it's too good!

Visited August 2013

Cobalt, Connecticut
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I rarely give 5 stars, but this place deserves it! Attractive setting, friendly waitstaff, and DELICIOUS food. Everything the four of ordered was great. We started by sharing the Meze platter: haydari (yogurt dip), baba ganoush, hummus, Turkish salsa, and stuffed grape leaves, served with lavash bread that was spectacularly puffy as a balloon. Loved the tender marinated lamb kebabs, which my husband and I shared along with an order of mixed vegetable guvec (a kind of casserole something like ratatouille but with different spices).
I live in Connecticut, but the next time I am in the Burlington area I will be making an effort to return to this restaurant!

• Visited October 2013

Colchester, VT
“Great food and wonderful service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We tried Instanbul after buying a jump on it deal a few month ago. I am a waitress so I usually cannot go out for dinner by the time I get out of work, for once I was out by 9 and wanted to use our deal. We arrived a few minutes past 9 and saw they were closed at 9 so we didn't try to enter thinking they were already closed. A man must of saw us walk away and ran out to welcome us in, assuring me it was not too late to serve us. This alone was an amazing gesture as he continued to be very friendly and patient through out our experience. I know how annoying it is to get tables right before closing but he did not seem put off at all. I think he was an owner or manager but his service was amazing! He explained everything on the menu, made suggestions and was always attentive. Very little do I find service these days that is over the top, but I found that here. And as I said, being a server also I am a little bit picky on good service. I wish I was as wonderful as he was wow! He tried the platter that had stuffed grape leaves, babaganush (sorry for bad spelling), hummus, and various spreads. All were delicious and interesting to try. I had the pasta dish, homemade tortellini like pasta in a cream sauce, so good very filling. My boyfriend had a kebab dish and I was jealous I didn't order a kebab because it was amazing! Great flavor, juicy and authentic. Loved my fig infused martini as well. Everything tasted home made and truly authentic. This place is great, the decor is a little off-putting maybe it could use a make over in there but that stuff doesn't bother me. He even let us use both jump on it coupons since they arrived as two $10 certificates unknowingly but he was gracious and let us use both at the same time since we ordered a lot. Will definitely be back for kebabs and drinks in the future!

• Visited May 2013