I stayed here from Tuesday, April 1 to Thursday, April 3 on a midweek break. I recommend calling the hotel prior to booking online because I was able to get a much better deal through the hotel directly. I stayed in room 211 which is a deluxe room with the big whirlpool bath and an electric fireplace. The room was perfect, the bed was comfortable. My only suggestion, which I have already made to the front desk was that a charging station for travelers with several devices. I was told that these are being installed in all of the rooms and a note was made to do this in room 211. I booked two special activities during my stay – a knife skills course with the culinary Institute and a facial at the spa. Both were excellent. What I particularly appreciated about the facial was the knowledgeable aesthetician and also the fact that no attempt was made to sell me a new skincare line. After the facial I sat in the upstairs sunroom for several hours reading and relaxing. The food was fantastic. Among the dishes that I enjoyed were the eggs Benedict, the chili, the potted salmon, the smoked gouda soup and the winter salad. I might also add that I was alone on this trip which made no difference whatsoever in the excellent level of service that I received at this hotel. I recommend it highly for a break whenever it suits you. I'm certainly planning to return!
PS I have one small suggestion which is that the number of signs in nearby which indicate where the hotel is located could be made a little larger and more numerous. I took a wrong turn and a few well placed signs would have really helped.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 18 acres between the vistas of the Green Mountains and the splendor of Lake Champlain, The Essex is Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa. As the Burlington area’s only AAA Four Diamond hotel, The Essex is a true destination, offering a full-service Spa and Fitness Center, cooking classes in the J.K. Adams and Chef's Kitchens of Cook Academy, and our two award-winning restaurants-- all of which perfectly complement our classic accommodations.The Essex is the premier choice for your next group event and is the perfect Vermont wedding destination for dozens of happy couples tying the knot each year. From our own Vermont Tennis Vacations to our wine list, ranked among the best in the world, The Essex offers you an experience unlike any other resort in New England. ...a true Recipe for Relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, TravelClick, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Essex, Vermont`s Culinary Hotel Essex
- The Essex, Vermont`s Culinary Resort And Spa
- Essex Vermonts Culinary Junction
- Essex Vermonts Culinary Hotel
- Inn Essex
- The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa