We stayed this past weekend (had a Groupon) and had a wonderful time. The staff was friendly and helpful. We had dinner at both Amuse and the Tavern as well as the breakfast buffet at Amuse. The food was superb at both places. Used both the pool and outdoor hot tub one night. Very nice.
The duct in the bathroom was filthy. A large amount of dust visible. That was the only issue we had with cleanliness. Everything else was fine.
The thermostat can not be set below 68. The room was much warmer than 68 and the heat kept coming. I had to turn the thermostat off so we could sleep.
My girlfriend slipped one ice and fell on a pathway when we went to check out the pool at spa. Luckily she didn't get hurt. A women coming to the bonfire on Saturday night slipped and fell just before the fire. That got the staff putting down salt. There were some icy spots that could use a little more attention.
We enjoyed all three dining experiences. The wait staff was great. The food delicious. The breakfast buffet at Amuse was well done. Both of us asked the chef for an omelet and it was superb. However, while the dinner (Friday night) in the Tavern was fine and the waitress awesome, the wait for drinks was ridiculously long. We had dinner at Amuse on Saturday night. The food was great. However, the portion sizes were small to the point of being silly. I thought the joke of micro portions went out in the eighties. My girlfriend's salmon was about a two inch diameter cylinder. She said the flavor was good but she's had just as good elsewhere with a better portion size. My steak was about six small pieces on a vegetable mash. Delicious. But that was less than a sixth of a normal steak. Thankfully we had appetizers. They also ran out of martini glasses which got the table beside us rolling their eyes a bit with a "whatever."
All in all it's a great place with a wonderful staff. Wish we could have stayed a few more days.
- Also Known As:
- The Essex, Vermont`s Culinary Hotel Essex
- The Essex, Vermont`s Culinary Hotel
- The Essex, Vermont`s Culinary Resort And Spa
- Essex Vermonts Culinary Junction
- Essex Vermonts Culinary Hotel
- Inn Essex
- The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 18 acres between the vistas of the Green Mountains and the splendor of Lake Champlain, The Essex is Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa. As the Burlington area’s only AAA Four Diamond hotel, The Essex is a true destination, offering a full-service Spa and Fitness Center, cooking classes in the J.K. Adams and Chef's Kitchens of Cook Academy, and our two award-winning restaurants-- all of which perfectly complement our classic accommodations.The Essex is the premier choice for your next group event and is the perfect Vermont wedding destination for dozens of happy couples tying the knot each year. From our own Vermont Tennis Vacations to our wine list, ranked among the best in the world, The Essex offers you an experience unlike any other resort in New England. ...a true Recipe for Relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.