The first thing I want to say is their customer service is outstanding! Everyone was so friendly and helpful!
I had mentioned on when I made my reservation that it was my anniversary. When we arrived, there was a bottle of champagne on ice waiting for us in our room! What a wonderful surprise! We then went to The Tavern for dinner. I had the Free Run Veal Meatloaf with perfectly mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts.. Meatloaf is not something I usually order in restaurants, but the idea of having Veal meatloaf intrigued me. It was so delicious. Probably the best meatloaf I have ever had! . A meal of this caliber is certainly not something you would find in a tavern. The next morning I went to the spa and had a facial and body scrub. It was heavenly and was so sad when it had to end!
The room was nice, but the bed was too soft. Some people really like soft mattresses not my husband and I. I also wish that there was more lighting and outlets in the room. I understand the the hotel isn't a new hotel and wasn't designed to cater to people with lap tops and cell phones that needed charging, but my recommendation would be the next time the rooms are renovated to take that into consideration. Other than that, the room reminded me of a cozy bedroom that you would have at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 18 acres between the vistas of the Green Mountains and the splendor of Lake Champlain, The Essex is Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa. As the Burlington area’s only AAA Four Diamond hotel, The Essex is a true destination, offering a full-service Spa and Fitness Center, cooking classes in the J.K. Adams and Chef's Kitchens of Cook Academy, and our two award-winning restaurants-- all of which perfectly complement our classic accommodations.The Essex is the premier choice for your next group event and is the perfect Vermont wedding destination for dozens of happy couples tying the knot each year. From our own Vermont Tennis Vacations to our wine list, ranked among the best in the world, The Essex offers you an experience unlike any other resort in New England. ...a true Recipe for Relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Essex, Vermont`s Culinary Resort And Spa
- The Essex, Vermont`s Culinary Hotel Essex
- Essex Vermonts Culinary Junction
- Essex Vermonts Culinary Hotel
- Inn Essex
- The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa