We visit the Inn a few times per year and always have a good time. We have noticed that the bathrooms are in need of some 'freshening up'. The room decor has not changed in a very long time and could use a bit of change i.e. new wallpaper, new pictures, maybe new carpetting. However, not too much change because it is such a charming place. We really don't like the renovations in the lobby - they took out the library and opened the lobby up more. The library was a great place to play a game or find some quiet.
We are somewhat disappointed by the food too. Twice we have bought pasteries in the lobby where they have a display case and they were not fresh!!! The Tavern needs to bring back the caesar salad and put some fresh ideas on the menu! Amuse could also add some 'normal' food to their menu. I know the chef is wonderful but some items are a bit 'out there'. We usually eat in the Tavern because the Amuse menu is quite expensive and most items do not interest us. I have heard that comment from others at the Inn too. I am sorry I am pointing out negatives.
The Inn is a wonderful place to stay; the breakfast buffet is delicious. The staff is wonderful, the spa is beautiful, clean and inviting. I have had a number of treatments at the Spa and loved it! They spoil you!
They have upgraded the T.V.'s in the rooms, they have clock radio's with iPod chargers which is helpful. WiFi in your room.
The studio rooms with a kitchenette are perfect and well supplied with everything you may need!
When calling for a reservation they are so helpful and friendly.
The Inn has been offering many specials and it is worth a visit without a doubt!!
- Also Known As:
- The Essex, Vermont`s Culinary Resort And Spa
- The Essex, Vermont`s Culinary Hotel
- The Essex, Vermont`s Culinary Hotel Essex
- Essex Vermonts Culinary Junction
- Essex Vermonts Culinary Hotel
- Inn Essex
- The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 18 acres between the vistas of the Green Mountains and the splendor of Lake Champlain, The Essex is Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa. As the Burlington area’s only AAA Four Diamond hotel, The Essex is a true destination, offering a full-service Spa and Fitness Center, cooking classes in the J.K. Adams and Chef's Kitchens of Cook Academy, and our two award-winning restaurants-- all of which perfectly complement our classic accommodations.The Essex is the premier choice for your next group event and is the perfect Vermont wedding destination for dozens of happy couples tying the knot each year. From our own Vermont Tennis Vacations to our wine list, ranked among the best in the world, The Essex offers you an experience unlike any other resort in New England. ...a true Recipe for Relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Jetsetter, Venere, EasyToBook, Agoda, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.