Stayed here recently for a quick business trip. Got in a little before dinner and it was already getting dark out so couldn't really talk about any drive-up impression. The check in was fast and very, very courteous.
My room was a corner king on the third floor. My impression when I opened the door was "wow, that's a really red room". After the shock wore off, I was happy with my accomodations, as the bright colors on the wall were definitely not something you'd see at a chain hotel, which in the end, was refreshing. Everything about the room was completely adequate.
I ate dinner in the tavern, which was so crowded I couldn't get a seat at the very large bar. Nonetheless, service was very good. I had filet medallions and lobster mashed potatoes with a Switchback (local beer). All were excellent.
If you can get this hotel at a decent price point, it's a slam dunk of a deal.
- Also Known As:
- The Essex, Vermont`s Culinary Resort And Spa
- The Essex, Vermont`s Culinary Hotel
- The Essex, Vermont`s Culinary Hotel Essex
- Essex Vermonts Culinary Junction
- Essex Vermonts Culinary Hotel
- Inn Essex
- The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 18 acres between the vistas of the Green Mountains and the splendor of Lake Champlain, The Essex is Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa. As the Burlington area’s only AAA Four Diamond hotel, The Essex is a true destination, offering a full-service Spa and Fitness Center, cooking classes in the J.K. Adams and Chef's Kitchens of Cook Academy, and our two award-winning restaurants-- all of which perfectly complement our classic accommodations.The Essex is the premier choice for your next group event and is the perfect Vermont wedding destination for dozens of happy couples tying the knot each year. From our own Vermont Tennis Vacations to our wine list, ranked among the best in the world, The Essex offers you an experience unlike any other resort in New England. ...a true Recipe for Relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Venere, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.