Just came back from an excellent stay at the Essex. The front desk was very welcoming, and the property was beautiful. I had gotten to stay at the Essex due to a Groupon Deal. Never once did we feel like "second class citizens" because of it. On the contrary, upon check in we were told they had upgraded us! For no reason! So we were thinking "hooray!" That excitement was well deserved. We were in a room with a full kitchen and fireplace in the Manor building. Nice and clean! I will agree with some previous reviews that the mattress was a little old and worn in therefore not a total comfort of sleep but I did see in the front desk that they're working on replacing the mattresses as part of their renovations. The spa was excellent, I highly recommend it. The indoor pool was nice as well as all the facilities. We dined at the Tavern, reasonably priced and the food was great. I think the only thing holding us back a bit is the cost to stay for full price. We drove into Burlington, was about 20 min away, nice and easy. Also took a stroll through the outlets that were nearby. Anyone staying here, I highly recommend The Bagel Market in Essex Junction, fantastic breakfast but get there early, its very popular!
We truly hope to stay at the Essex again, we had an overall fantastic experience but we might be waiting for another deal before we go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 18 acres between the vistas of the Green Mountains and the splendor of Lake Champlain, The Essex is Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa. As the Burlington area’s only AAA Four Diamond hotel, The Essex is a true destination, offering a full-service Spa and Fitness Center, cooking classes in the J.K. Adams and Chef's Kitchens of Cook Academy, and our two award-winning restaurants-- all of which perfectly complement our classic accommodations.The Essex is the premier choice for your next group event and is the perfect Vermont wedding destination for dozens of happy couples tying the knot each year. From our own Vermont Tennis Vacations to our wine list, ranked among the best in the world, The Essex offers you an experience unlike any other resort in New England. ...a true Recipe for Relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Groupon, Travelocity, TravelClick, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Essex, Vermont`s Culinary Hotel Essex
- The Essex, Vermont`s Culinary Resort And Spa
- Essex Vermonts Culinary Junction
- Essex Vermonts Culinary Hotel
- Inn Essex
- The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa