“Great” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Long Island, New York
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This was first class all the way. Loved the space, not too noisy, but low key, upscale. We had tuna tartare taco appetizer, ...delicious. And the rest of the meal was also great, not too off the wall except maybe the pork belly/portobello appetizer,,... Service excellent, prompt, more points because we stayed at the Barrows Inn and walked to the restaurant.

After dinner we sat on the patio, watched the moon, and fed logs to the outdoor fire. Perfect!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dorsetinnkeeper, Owner at Barrows House, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Glad you enjoyed your evening at Barrows House restaurant. We have strived to create an ambiance that reflects Dorset's marble history, yet is finished with contemporary touches. Our culinary team has lots of fun working with Vermont's abundance of seasonal ingredients. As owners, we think it's ideal to be able to simply walk to a great dinner, so we are thrilled that you appreciated that too!

New York
“An excellent meal, great service....and gluten-free!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We frequently travel to Manchester for weekend getaways, but the last time we were in the area someone recommended the Barrows House for dinner, just up the road in Dorset. What a great recommendation! I have celiacs and finding restaurants that can accommodate my need for gluten-free options is sometimes a bit of a challenge. When we arrived, I spoke with our server and she went through each item of the menu that would work for me. She was knowledgeable and accommodating. When my meal arrived, it was spectacular, and far from the old standby salad with chicken that I find myself having to settle for at many restaurants. At the end of the meal, I asked her to extend my thanks to the chef for making the necessary modifications to my meal. She explained that the chef has a child who was gluten-free too, so he understood. We will unquestionably be back on our next trip to the area.

Visited March 2014
Castleton, Vermont
“Appetizers & Trivia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We were staying at the Dorset Inn and wanted to have a drink and appetizers before dinner. A short walk found us at the bar and warmly greated by the staff. The food was excellent and we really enjoyed the atmosphere. My cousin,new head pro at a local golf course, met us and commented, "What a great place to bring a date or a group of friends for a first rate casual night out." A trivia contest was set to start as we were leaving and the room was quickly filling up attesting to the popularity of this fun, upbeat spot!

Visited February 2014
Elmsford, New York
“very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Sat at the bar for dinner and a drink... shared a chilli relleno app and found myself eating the beat chilli relleno I've ever had... very well done!

The hamburger was a good one though over done..

Cheesecake dessert was very nice.

Service at the bar by Yuri was excellent. Overall very good and I would come back and certainly recommend the Barrows House.

Dorsetinnkeeper, Manager at Barrows House, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your evening and would encourage you to come back this summer and enjoy more culinary delights on our outdoor patio!
“Exquisite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Don't miss out. Great place to get your evening started with some appetizers and drinks. Or settle in at this destination to enjoy expertly prepared dishes with 5 star service. This place is a gem.

• Visited December 2013