“Wonderfully Accommodating” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Condominium   |   66 College Pkwy, Colchester, VT 05446   |
St Thomas,
“Wonderfully Accommodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

What a wonderful, local place to stay. We visited St Mikes College for the weekend and go snowed in. The manager 'Kat' was so wonderful to help out and put us up for another night without notice.

Would defiantly stay there again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
daysinncolchestervt, General Manager at Handys Extended Stay Suites, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Thank you for posting your review of Handy's Extended Stay Suites. My staff and I want to ensure that we create a "home away from home" feeling for all of our guests and clearly have succeeded in your case. We all look forward to your return to the Burlington area and Handy's Extended Stay Suites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Burlington VT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

I stayed at Handy's for a month while waiting for the closing on my home. It turned out to be a regrettable experience! The kitchen was missing half of its utensils when we moved in and we had to make several trips to Big Lots to buy spoons, forks, a cutting board, a colander, a can opener, and dish soap. The t.v. remote did not work in the living room and I had to ask the manager 3 times to have it fixed. It took 2 days to get the remote fixed so I was stuck standing at the t.v. set and manually flipping through 100 channels. The light was out in the refrigerator and when the maintenance guy came in to fix the remote I mentioned it to him. That was 5 days ago and no one bothered to come back and fix it. The drawer for the veggies in the fridge is also missing. The cleaning staff does not clean unless you ask them too. On most days I was in the room when it was time for cleaning, so I just asked for towels. On the day I was able to leave so they could come in and clean, (or so I assumed), I came back to see that they had not bothered to clean the bathroom or vacuum the floor. So now I have to ask each time I want the room cleaned. I can't imagine what the other rooms look like after 1 month of people staying there and the staff not cleaning regularly. Also, my toilet was on the verge of overflowing. I notified the manager in the morning of the problem, and left for the day. When I came back in the evening, no one had bothered to come fix the issue so I had to go out in the rain with my baby to go and buy a plunger. This place has been terrible. The manager does not care about anything and there is no staff at the front desk. You have to ring a bell to get anyone to the desk and they pretend to write down your issue. Overall, a bad experience!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

Don't confuse this place with the other Handys Suites, which seems to have some OK reviews. Our room smelled like there was something dead under the floorboards. That seems to be common in the first-floor rooms (had some friends in another room), although the higher floors are better. The furniture is falling apart, literally.

Staying here is like crashing in your sketchy friend's basement.

But a couple of good points. First, the owners have an arrangement with the Days Inn a couple doors down the road, so we can use their wireless internet (which is strong) and their pool (which is pretty strong, too). The location is right there at the NB 89 exit for Rte 15. And although given the state of the furniture and room I was expecting bugs, it was creditably clean, with fresh linen.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Handys Extended Stay Suites? Share your experiences!