“Worthy Place” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Condominium   |   66 College Pkwy, Colchester, VT 05446   |
Colchester, Vermont
“Worthy Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2015

I had been there for 4 months while I was taking classes at the college which is near there. When I arrived at the first time, the staff was extremely friendly with me, once I had a bad English. The rooms are very clean and the made-service is very efficient! Furthermore, the bathroom has a lot of space to put any stuff you have, the bedroom fits at most 2 people perfectly, and the kitchen is huge, which means that they have oven, dishwasher, microwave and everything you need to prepare your own meal. There are two TV's (bedroom and living room) with many channels. Free Wi-fi in the whole hotel is provided too! Another good point is that the hotel is located in a nice and quite place, near from the airport and downtown (Burlington and Winooski). Also, the hotel has information about public transportation, fair cabs and nice places to go. I really recommend the hotel! 5 stars!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
handysextendedstay, Manager at Handys Extended Stay Suites, responded to this review, January 27, 2015
Thank you for the excellent review. Here at Handy’s Extended Stay Suites we strive to meet our guests’ expectations. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Charlton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

It was the weekend of the Beer Fest and all the hotels in the Burlington area were booked. The few hotels with room still available raised their prices to ridiculous amounts, taking advantage of the shortage. We spotted the Handys Extended Stay Suites and it was the best price we could find so quickly gobbled it up.

We then started looking at the reviews and people said it was gross, the "bathrooms were not clean, employees rued, etc, etc so we got a bit nervous. However, once there, the women at the desk was very pleasant. She gave us all the information, warned us about the $100 deposit, we talked a bit, and off we go. When we opened the door...OOooo, it was NICE!

According to the reviews, this place should have been nasty but it was quite the opposite. The room was great! It was nice and clean, the bathroom was HUGE with extra shelves placed in to place your stuff on. The room was at a Perfect temperature with a "main" room and a separate door separated bedroom with a nice long closet and a full dresser. Each room had a TV, kind of nice, and the kitchen came with all the cooking necessities. We also brought soap for dishes but found there was a dishwasher with soap and dishwasher stuff already provided!

Overall I am glad we ignored the reviews and went to this hotel. It was a nice place to stay- it was clean, had nicely sized rooms, plenty of space, friendly service, and yeah. Also, this was not like the "Deluxe Suite" or anything..it was just an average room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
handysextendedstay, Manager at Handys Extended Stay Suites, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Thank you for giving Handy’s Extended Stay Suites a chance. We strive to provide excellent customer service from the moment you walk in our front doors and I’m thrilled that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Taichung, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

It seems that people here at Tripadvisor are upset because they booked a room at Handys and then discovered (gasp!) that it isn't a 5-star hotel and offers no coupons, transportation service, and--god forbid--no pool. Which proves that people are basically stupid and don't do their homework before booking..

Look folks, if you want the 5-star treatment, then book a $350.00 per night suite at the Marriott. If you want a clean, no-frills, inexpensive place to stay, then book a room at Handys. I recently stayed at Handys from July 15 -- 21 and I have no complaints. My suite was very clean, the bed was comfortable, I got free wifi, the staff were very efficient and helpful, and I received a voucher for breakfast at the hotel next door. I didn't expect anything more because I DID MY RESEARCH BEFORE I BOOKED AND KNEW WHAT I WOULD BE GETTING FOR MY MONEY. I paid $106.00 per night through Hotwire, which is actually a very good price for the summer season.

I will definitely stay at Handys again the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
handysextendedstay, Manager at Handys Extended Stay Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Michael,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We truly appreciate you took the time to share your positive experience that you had while staying with us. Please come and stay with us again, soon. We look forward to your next visit.
Pittsburgh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

There are a few good things about Handys Extended Stay - the suites are spacious, it's a short drive to the center of town and the maid in our room worked hard to keep everything clean. However, the whole place is shabby and the management has a questionable attitude to safety. The fire alarm in our bedroom had been removed and the door to the stairway at the end of the third floor corridor was left open during our entire stay - photos attached.

The carpets in our suite were stained, the refrigerator was very noisy, the furniture was dilapidated and there were no stoppers for the sinks in either the bathroom or kitchenette.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with functioning equipment
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We booked through Hotwire. Arrived and she said "Do you really need two bedrooms?". My husband said he wasn't aware he had booked two but no we didn't. She said good, printed off some paperwork and handed it to him to sign. Um - that wasn't us. Maybe she should have asked for our names?
She went back, found our booking, and printed it out, asking for a card to pay the remaining amount. We pointed out we'd paid in full already. Oh, yes. She printed it out again and gave us our key. SO what to say about our room? I kept my shoes on at all times as I didn't know what all the stains all over the carpets were. I'm not sure if the cracks all over the plastic doors of the fridge/freezer are legal but they are certainly germ magnets. Not that we used the fridge - we turned it off because it was so loud we couldn't sleep. There was a motley collection of mismatched crockery and glass ware (not stem ware), some of which they had apparently got from the local brewery. The floor in the kitchen area was scuffed and torn - as was the furniture. We went in to the bathroom, scuffed and with some black mould at the foot of the bath - there was no stopper in the basin. Same in the kitchen - they provided you with a tablet for the dishwasher but no way of washing a couple of glasses or a knife - incredibly wasteful. We went downstairs and asked for a stopper. "Oh some of the rooms don't have stoppers, I'll see if we have a spare". She disappeared and came back and said "sorry, there aren't any". We had already paid on hotwire which is non refundable; the only good thing about the place was it was obviously very well cleaned. We decided to stay and spend as much time out of the room as possible in our three days. Free breakfast down the road at Days Inn wasn't worth the walk. On our last morning, I suddenly noticed that the smoke detector in our room had been removed. "Wasn't going to tell you" said husband "but the fire door at the end of the corridor is jammed open".

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Booked through hotwire for a 3 star hotel, got the Sheraton, when I get there, I had booked the wrong dates. Had to call hotwire to fix up problem, spent 1 hour on phone, they cancelled my Sheraton but still needed to stay somewhere 3 nights. They booked me here, at the Handy's extended stay. Was expecting to spend some romantic time with hubby, ended up in a fight! So deceived with the room, nothng to get hot about,compared to what we had supposably booked (Sheraton). Smelly, dirty, rusted, ripped , bent, squicky,old, moldy, small... any negative adjective is common in that room. No more to say than just stay away, unless u are a party animal and already drunk when you booked, that way you don't notice anything.I would never rebook here. Sorry.

Room Tip: pics to come soon, you can deceive then!
Quebec City, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This motel is very well located, it is at 5 minutes from Burlington downtown. All rooms are equip with full kitchenette, very spacieuse. Could be a five stars but......It is very very dirty. The stains on the carpet are all over, the microwave is probably wash once à year, you Will not feed a hogg with the pots and pan. When I asked the attendant about it Sherbrooke said thé owner refuse to buy new one. Thé oven and ventilator have not been clean since long time. There is mildew on thé ventilator.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Handys Extended Stay Suites? Share your experiences!