“Wonderful Staff” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Condominium   |   66 College Pkwy, Colchester, VT 05446   |
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Wonderful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I made several phone calls to the hotel before I arrived because I had questions about the location of the hotel. I had stayed there before but never noticed that the address on the bill was different then the address of the hotel. The staff was very nice to me and gave me directions so I knew I was at the correct hotel. The rooms were clean, they gave me lots of pillows, which is important to me and the staff that checked me in was as nice as the staff that checked me out. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: They are all suites.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Albany, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was one of the cheaper hotels in the area but would certainly not stay here again.
The kitchen is terribly equipped, refrigerator was not cold, no ice on premises, water was discolored when first turning it on, shower curtain was too long for shower...which meant hanging in the bathtub with some mold given it stays wet, and tv's were mounted in corner of room but were probably 13 inch screens.

Positive - plenty of room with living room and separate bedroom...but that is all I would say.

Pay the extra 25 and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Just don't choose a room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 days at Handy's Extended Stay Suites. We had a suite with separate bedroom and kitchen-lounge. On the second floor, we had a tiny balcony, facing the back of the building, which was more pleasant than the front facing the busy road. Everything was in good working condition. The bed was more than adequate; we slept peacefully (until US army planes started taking off at around 10 in the morning from the nearby airport!). The place was clean, smelled nice, and the furniture was in good condition. The kitchen appliances were clean and functional (oven, stove, fridge, dish washer, microwave, toaster). A minimum set of utensils and dishes were available; we managed easily for a few meals. The breakfast included in the price consists of a 2 minutes walk to the nearby Days Inn. It was a very basic "continental" breakfast with no variety for the 3 times we visited. However, kids seemed to be very happy with the choices. A trip to the local market provided us with a much better breakfast in the room. The staff was agreable, courteous, always available, and ready to help. With the i89 nearby, we were always a short distance by car from our activities. It was an excellent value for the price.

Room Tip: Second and third floor rooms at the back have a balcony and are much more quiet than the front of th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Colchester, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I am reviewing this from the hotel at this moment. It is very poor quality. Would not recommend this to anyone who is not desperate for a place to stay. I booked this through expedia as I am in town for a conference and the hotel was across the street from the college site so I assumed it would be better. I must say I'm not sleeping. The blanket and spread are old and worn. Killed one bug with blood in it on the blanket so I stripped both from the bed. The sheets do seem clean and the air does work so that is a positive. However I get a shock when I touch several of the lamps. Have some apprehensions about the hair dryer in the morning. The furniture is old and worn as it the carpet. The bathroom seems clean. Unfortunately I'm stuck here for another night as I was told that the 'free' cancellation guaranteed by expedia has to be arranged through expedia not the hotel. Yuk. This is what you get for $89 plus tax in VT. Should have taken the hotels nearer Burlington down the road for $50 more. It would have been worth it. The desk clerk is very nice...she replaced the missing TV remote and the key that didn't work. Oh btw, the speakers on the tv are close to blown. Do NOT stay here if you are on any type of professional trip.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
greater Boston area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

The staff at the front desk were extermely professional & made me feel very welcome. My room was actually a suite and very spacious with seperate bedroom. I was traveling alone, in town for a race, and the staff went over and above to make me feel comfortable and accomodated. When booking this location, be aware that at this price point, you are not going to get the luxury of the Ritz. If you want a safe, basic, welcoming stay and don't want to break the bank, I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: some rooms on upper floors have a balcony
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
St Thomas,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

What a wonderful, local place to stay. We visited St Mikes College for the weekend and go snowed in. The manager 'Kat' was so wonderful to help out and put us up for another night without notice.

Would defiantly stay there again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
daysinncolchestervt, General Manager at Handys Extended Stay Suites, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Thank you for posting your review of Handy's Extended Stay Suites. My staff and I want to ensure that we create a "home away from home" feeling for all of our guests and clearly have succeeded in your case. We all look forward to your return to the Burlington area and Handy's Extended Stay Suites.
Burlington VT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

I stayed at Handy's for a month while waiting for the closing on my home. It turned out to be a regrettable experience! The kitchen was missing half of its utensils when we moved in and we had to make several trips to Big Lots to buy spoons, forks, a cutting board, a colander, a can opener, and dish soap. The t.v. remote did not work in the living room and I had to ask the manager 3 times to have it fixed. It took 2 days to get the remote fixed so I was stuck standing at the t.v. set and manually flipping through 100 channels. The light was out in the refrigerator and when the maintenance guy came in to fix the remote I mentioned it to him. That was 5 days ago and no one bothered to come back and fix it. The drawer for the veggies in the fridge is also missing. The cleaning staff does not clean unless you ask them too. On most days I was in the room when it was time for cleaning, so I just asked for towels. On the day I was able to leave so they could come in and clean, (or so I assumed), I came back to see that they had not bothered to clean the bathroom or vacuum the floor. So now I have to ask each time I want the room cleaned. I can't imagine what the other rooms look like after 1 month of people staying there and the staff not cleaning regularly. Also, my toilet was on the verge of overflowing. I notified the manager in the morning of the problem, and left for the day. When I came back in the evening, no one had bothered to come fix the issue so I had to go out in the rain with my baby to go and buy a plunger. This place has been terrible. The manager does not care about anything and there is no staff at the front desk. You have to ring a bell to get anyone to the desk and they pretend to write down your issue. Overall, a bad experience!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Handys Extended Stay Suites? Share your experiences!