“Travel Happy” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Travel Happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

This is my 3rd stay at the Hampton Inn in Colchester Vermont and each and every time have been very happy. The first stay was over 2 years ago and this hotel met all my expectations. Since staying here I book Hampton Inn first when travelling. We travel with a small dog and she is welcome here and there is a lot of green lawn in the area for her. The staff is always pleasant and this time I asked the desk clerk about a different route home and she said it is more picturesque than the freeway and I am glad I took her advice as it was a beautiful drive. When you ask about something in the area they have even looked up the address for my GPS and offered a map. The hotel is clean and even though it is getting on in years it is well maintained. The breakfast is always well served and the eggs, omelets, etc make for a nice way to start the day. A nice touch is the cookies and coffee in the evening. I am an early riser and there is always coffee to start my morning. Having travelled extensively I would rate this as one of the best hotels I have stayed in and the prices are reasonable.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, September 13, 2010
It is so nice to hear from guests who have stayed with us before and keep coming back. Your review of our property was wonderful. I love hearing guests elaborate on the service they get from the staff. There are a lot of other properties you can choose from in our area and we appreciate the fact that you have chosen to stay with us. THANK YOU!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

First, I have been staying at Hampton Inns for years, historically out of necessity, but now I am tending to select them as a first option. They seem to have invested many $M in their hotels and they have standardized ... meaning you know what to expect from location to location. The good news is that the rooms aren't overly expensive and they are clean. In addition, they have a fabulous breakfast buffet and free wi-fi. Once again, the king-size bed I slept in was one of the most comfortable I've had in a while. My son slept in a pull-out sofa which seemed to be pretty comfortable as well. Suite also had a large refrigerator, stove, and even some plates/glasses.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, August 24, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our Hampton Inn! We often have compliments on the comfort of our beds and guests frequently ask where they can purchase them. We look forward to many upgrades that will be happening this fall as we replace all of the furniture in the guest rooms, upgrade our TV's and add refrigerators and microwaves to each room. We hope you will visit us again to experience our renovations. Thank you for choosing Hampton!
Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

I want to write this review to warn fellow travelers about this hotel. We stayed here one night in July 2010 (supposed to be more but made a dash for it after one night) with our 1 year old daughter. The hotel is a very strange layout, has a dank/old smoke smell and is in deparate need of a makeover but that is not the point of this review.

In the middle of the night, I went to use the bathroom and found tiny brown bugs all over the place coming out of the drain, the cracks in the walls where the baseboards are etc. Once I turned on the light they all scattered to different corners. It was disgusting. All this while my baby is asleep in a hotel cot outside this room! Now, I am no bug expert, but I have lived in big cities and the bugs were one of two kinds...either cockroaches or bedbugs*. Needless to say, I woke up my husband and made him search through the bed for any nasty critters. I did not sleep that night and was brought to tears by the thought of these bugs crawling on my baby or catching a ride in our luggage and infesting our home. We spent the next few days at the Sheraton hotel.

I suugest the Hampton hires an on-site, fulltime bug exterminator.

* these nasty creatures don't just live in beds!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
I am very sorry your stay with our hotel was not satisfactory. I can certainly understand feeling uneasy at the sight of bugs in a guest bathroom. As I was unable to locate a reservation for you from your Trip advisor username, it was difficult for me to investigate what you have described, or if our staff treated you appropriately when you brought the issue to their attention. To my knowledge we have never had such an issue reported before. Pest extermination services are standard at hotels and we address any and all issues that are brought to our attention. In addition, we take pre-emptive measures to discourage problems before they occur. I am not certain what would have triggered such an issue in your guest room, but I do hope you reported it at the time so we could attend to it. I can assure you that it is certainly not a commonplace occurrence. Again, my apologies and I encourage you to contact me directly if you were not properly compensated for the inconvenience.
North Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

I chose to stay at the Hampton Inn in Colchester for one night at the tail end of my New England trip. The hotel was easy to find and very well located for what we wanted to do while visiting the area. The room was clean and comfortable; we had a great room on the top floor that I absolutely loved!

We took advantage of the indoor pool to relax a bit during our stay, which was very pleasant and welcoming.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, August 17, 2010
Thank you so much for the great review! Our top floor rooms are some of our guests favorite. The dormered window makes for a very cozy feel to the room. I appreciate your business and thank you for choosing our hotel while in the Burlington area. I hope you will visit with us again soon!
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

Stayed here one night on our round New England tour. Hotel facilities were OK standard Hampton facilities. Staff were friendly and polite, no real issues.

We did use the pool, which was clean and when we were there, empty.

One odd thing was that were repairing the car park surface by rolling wet tar over the breaks in the tar macadam. Not such a brilliant idea in 90 deg of heat. We had to carry the roller bags even in the car park.

Overall, we'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for commenting on your stay with us and I apologize for the parking lot repairs that were in progress. The job has been a difficult one to complete as it is weather dependent and we have been quite busy. We hated to inconvenience our guests, but unfortunately we are at the mercy of Mother Nature. I am glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise and we hope you will visit with us again the next time you are in the Burlington area. Thank you for choosing our hotel!
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

Stayed here with my family on a mixed business/pleasure trip. This was our second stay having been here 2 years earlier. We came back because our first stay was very enjoyable and liked that its a little different from the standard cookie cutter Hampton Inns.

The location is a little out of the way, but its just off the interstate and only a short 10 minute ride into Burlington.

The staff was very friendly, spoke with Diana mostly. We were disappointed not to have a refrigerator in the room as we did on our previous stay. We were told that they will be renovating the hotel later this year and that all rooms will have one at that time. I will say that at least our room was showing its age a bit and would agree that an update is over due.

Since this was also a business trip I found we quickly exhausted the supply of electrical outlets in the room with laptops, cell phone chargers, etc. We needed to rearrange the room a little to accomdate everything and requested an extension cord which was promptly brought up to our room that evening.

Breakfast was the standard Hampton Inn affair, which to be honest has improved over the years, with a pretty wide selection of items each morning in a very pleasant atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, August 13, 2010
We love hearing from return visitors! Yes, the hotel is due for some improvements and we are very excited at the changes that will be happening later this year! In addition to refrigerators and microwaves in every room, we also will have new bedroom furniture, couches, chairs, and flat screen TV's. We hope you will visit with us again and see all of our improvements! Thanks again for the great review!
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

1- Check in with Kevin a huge, pleasant experience. More hotels need Kevins. Felt immediate connection.
2 - Debby - room attendant - one of the nicest people you could ever want to meet, and does a fabulous cleaning job to boot!
3 - Hotel ambience cannot be beat.
4- Great breakfast, as well as cookies and milk at 8:30 each evening.
5- Fabulous pool - so clean.
6- Just the best and friendliest employees.
Only negative, and not with the hotel was T-bones - a disaster in my opinion. Have no plans to ever return, and I do so like having a restaurant within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Kevin is relatively new to the staff and he has proven to be a hit with our guests. Deb has been with the hotel for a while and is consistently recognized by our guests as well. I am very proud of our entire staff and how they embrace the feeling of hospitality we always try to provide. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Been to Hampton Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!