“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stittsville
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My daughter and I spent one night at the hotel during a girl's holiday.
The staff were friendly, the room clean and comfortable with 2 double beds, the breakfast was varied and plentiful, the location provided easy access to I89.
As usual, we were not disappointed in the Hampton chain.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
MosieB64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of your stay! I know how hard it is to have quality time with your kids. When you have the opportunity, you want to have the best experience. I am glad we were able to help make your weekend a memorable one. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will visit with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed at this hampton in for an extended weekend with family and were incredibly pleased! the beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept on in a hotel, the place was spotless and the desk staff and housekeeping staff were beyond hospitable.
The breakfast was great and the way the lobby/breakfast area is set up is comfortable and welcoming--you never feel like you are on top of other people like at some hotels. The hotel location is central to everything we like to see in this area of VT.
All in all, very very pleased.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
I truly appreciate the great feedback from your visit to our hotel!. There is nothing better than hearing when a guest comments about great customer service and clean rooms. I am so glad you had such a good experience and thank you for shariing it on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!
South Burlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Hampton Inn Colchester Vermont - directly off Exit 15 - provides the best location, easiest access, best diversity / offering of space and lodging and meals, and most entertaining special events in Vermont according to a consensus by the 12 member Board of Directors of SMART Holdings USA, SMARTvt.org.

And the staff: responsive, accommodating, creative, professional and compassionate -- especially Client Specialist, Sally Fyle, who moved back to Vermont after earning her Bachelor's degree from a Southeastern University in Lakeland, FL.

Fyle's team exceeds expectations at every level. And it is not hard to imagine why Rotary International's Colchester Division chooses to hold its weekly Community Building Meetings under Fyle's watch at Hampton Inn.

You'll never find a cleaner property...... it is immaculate at every level. And its legendary breakfast.......... it is a game changer when making a decision of where you want to your guests to be.

We at SMART Holdings USA endorse, support, recommend and attest that Hampton Inn and Sally Fyle sets the international standard for hospitality accommodations and guest services.

Yours,

Mark Renkert, Mcsl
Chairman of the Board
SMART Holdings USA
SMARTvt.org

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of the hotel. We enjoy servicing the weekly Rotary meetings and I am glad you have found the product and service you and the other Rotarians experience to be a good fit for the group. I truly appreciate the comments about the staff. All of them understand the meaning of customer service and try to do everything within their power to make sure our guests have a positive experience. They really do work as a team and I am so happy to share your feedback with them. Thank you for choosing Hampton!
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I know I am going to pay more when I am in a larger city for a Hampton, but 160.00 for Hampton Inn in Colchester, Vermont was more than I expected. The hotel is going thru a remodel. They had just carpeted my hallways on my floor. The smell of the new carpet and the glue, was strong and unpleasant. If I stayed in the hall a while I probably could have gotten high on the smell of the glue. They hadn't finished putting the carpet molding back in place. If I am paying top dollar for Hampton. i would expect the to not get nauseous walking down the hall.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments and I apologize about the state of our hallways during your visit. It was difficult to isolate our guests from the renovations going on, however we tried to keep the impact to a minimum. I am sorry your experience was unpleasant. Please contact me directly if you choose to visit with us again and we will work to make your next stay a better experience.
West Burke, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Hampton Inn is a great place to stay for a getaway. Close to everything you need. The pool is clean and refreshing. The breakfast is more than just the usual muffins and coffee. If you don't feel like driving the couple of miles to Burlington to eat, there is a restaurant on site. Didn't eat there but overheard people talking about it and they said it was good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit to our hotel. I am glad you had a great experience and appreciate the positive feedback. You are correct that the restaurant on site is excellent and I hope you have an opportunity to try it should you visit with us again. Thank you for staying with us!
Franklin, TN, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The staff tried hard to give us better rooms, but with the hotel under renovation and apparent water damage (with must smells emanating from the air vents) they were limited. I am sad to say I wouldn't recommend this hotel. I have never said this of a Hilton hotel and have been a loyal customer over the years. Lobby was clean and current, but the rooms were lacking.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I appreciate the comments and I am sorry the rooms were an issue for you. We are undergoing renovations in our hallways and plan to move to the rooms very soon. I hope you will reconsider and try us again after our renovations are complete. We value you as a HHonors guest and would like to win back your loyalty. Thank you for the feedback.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed in this hotel as part of a coach tour and it was great. Good central location for the surrounding area. The staff were friendly and helpful especially when I mislaid my eternity ring. This was found and immediately returned to me in the UK. Great service! The Lighthouse restaurant next door was a perfect venue for dining. Lovely waitress, Mia was so busy but still had time to have a chat. Food was very good too! We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for the great review of your visit with us. I appreciate the comments about the staff and am glad we were able to locate your jewelry to return to you. I hope you will be able to visit us again the next time you are in the states. We love seeing all of the world travelers we get during our beautiful Foliage season. Thank you for choosing Hampton!

Been to Hampton Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!