“VERY PLEASANT STAY” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
MONTREAL,QUEBEC
“VERY PLEASANT STAY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Centrally located with easy access to I-89,going North or South.Country like setting a few minutes from Burlington and surrounding cities. Shopping,Restaurants,Lake activities are all nearby. Rooms are well kept,serviced daily,breakfasts are much more in variety than one would expect. Evening Cookies and milk a refreshing concept. Pleasant staff,nice indoor pool,wi-fi,free computer use in lobby,and a warm,receptive layed back atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review of your visit to our Hampton Inn. I really appreciate the feedback and am glad you were able to experience all that we have to offer. Thank you for choosing our property and I look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Burlington area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Hotel has a good location. Check-in was smooth. The hotel desperately needs to redecorate the rooms to bring it up to the standard of the lobby. Swimming pool had way too much chlorine. Irritated the kids skin! Best part of our stay was the freely baked cookies every evening. In a nutshell, good value for money. To keep guests returning, guest rooms and pool need to be updated.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a kitchenette. More spacious! We stayed in 211.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your visit to our property. I appreciate the feedback and can tell you renovations to the guestrooms and pool are in the plan for the future. This fall we will be doing the hallways and soon after that the rooms. I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us and hope you will return the next time you are in our area.
Westfield, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stay at Hampton Inns on business trips wherever I go if they are available. This particular Hampton was very average and seemed on par with the others. Not exceptional but not any different either. Consistency is a good thing so that the traveler knows what to expect. I would stay at this location again if I were to travel back to the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your honest review of our property. The Hampton brand is one you can trust when you travel and I am glad you were pleased with your visit. Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Burlington area.
Saratoga Springs, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Setting up the reservation was a bit strange, called and was told they would have to call me back because no one could take reservation at that time. Hotel was clean, breakfast was good, plenty of parking, easy access to restaurants and highway. The double beds are on the small side, microwave and small fridge in room, indoor pool was a little cloudy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize about the reservation situation when you called. We like to talk to our guests directly instead of sending them to the 800 line when the desk is too busy to make the reservation, which is why we offer to call our guests back instead of keeping them on hold. I appreciate your feedback and am happy that you were overall satisfied with your stay. Thank you for choosing our property and I hope you will visit with us again the next time you are in the Burlington area!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I recently stayed here for the Vermont City Marathon. Check in was fast and the staff very friendly. Breakfast was the typical Hampton Inn options. The breakfast staff went above and beyond to make me scrambled eggs over the omelet option which I could not eat. As a gold member, I really appreciate that especially when she could have just said "no". My only complaint is it is a bit too pricey for a Hampton and compared to other Hamptons. However, We had a great stay and will return and recommend this location to others!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review of our hotel! Marathon weekend is always a special time for us and the staff really appreciate the work the athletes put in for the competition. With all of the horrible things that happened in Boston only a few weeks prior, we were especially thankful to those who took part in our event. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit!
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Check in was very smooth and Ashley was very pleasant. The lobby is beautiful. Ashley explained that there was parking in back but when we drove around there, it was pretty dark and not really where we felt comfortable leaving a packed car. We parked in front and went to our room. As soon as I opened the door, I was hit with an awful, musty, wet-carpet-that-had-mildewed type of smell. I went back to the front desk and was told that the a/c is on an energy-saving mode and only kicks in when someone is in the room, so the humidity builds up. We were offered another room, which I went to check out before moving. It was on the 4th floor and still smelled bad, plus it had a very outdated bathroom. At least the bathroom on the 3rd floor room had been updated somewhat, so we stayed put. Ashley offered to keep trying different rooms, but it was after 10pm at that point and we were tired. I did however cancel the rest of my reservations and moved to another hotel the next day. The staff was very nice, the breakfast and the beautiful lobby were lovely, but it doesn't make up for the overly soft double bed, dated room decor and musty smell. The 2 rooms I saw are in need of a serious make-over.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you for your honest review of your experience at our hotel. I am very sorry you found the rooms to seem musty and it caused you to shorten your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and are looking into ways to address the issue you noted. Thank you also for commenting on how Ashley attempted to assist you. We do plan to renovate the rooms in the next year, so I hope you will consider returning again to see the improvements we have in store. Again, my apologies that your stay did not live up to the standards we strive for.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

The Hampton delivers again. Value of money $$, Great breakfast, clean rooms, free parking, and relatively quiet. The location is excellent with a grocery store across the street and a private restaurant in the parking lot (The lighthouse $$$$) the only thing that could be done is put some crystal clear in the pool so it wasn't so cloudy. Keep up the good work Hampton staff!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience and description of our property. Reviews from satisfied customers are the best advertising we could have. Thank you for choosing Hampton and I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Hampton Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!