“Wonderful Staff -- Corporate Event” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   42 Lower Mountain View Drive, Colchester, VT 05446   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Colchester
Pottersville, NY
“Wonderful Staff -- Corporate Event”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

For Vermont Maple weekend we could have stayed in St. Albans at another Hotel that doesn't come close to Hampton Standards. The staff worked well as I served as the event planer for our corporate guests. All the company guests complement me on the choice of hotels as well as the staff. The restaurant next door according one guest exceed their expectations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
The Maple Festival is a special event in our area and sugaring season is one of my favorite times of year. I am glad you decided to stay with us, even though you had options closer to the event. We know our service and accommodations are worth a few extra miles and I am so glad you agree! Thank you for the wonderful review and I look forward to seeing you again next year!

344 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
chattanooga, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

ice machine and elevator were down requiring a long trek to get a bucket of ice. room itself is dated and hvac is noisy; otherwise room was okay, just needs some more detail in general. on the plus side the fitness center is one of the nicest hotel gyms i've seen. overpriced for condition of hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the honest review of your visit to our property. I am sorry your experience was not the best due to some issues we were experiencing at the time. We do stand by our guarantee and I hope you expressed the difficulties you had to our staff. I hope you will consider staying with us again and give us another opportunity to prove our commitment to your satisfaction. Thank you for choosing Hampton!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at many Hampton Inns over the past 2 years across North America and this was one of the best. The rooms were clean and comfortable, as is to be expected. Most notable, however, were the staff, who were welcoming, friendly and went out of their way to help make my evening in Burlington relaxing after a lengthy drive. The shuttle service was greatly appreciated. The staff are to be commended for making this hotel an extremely positive experience. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Burlington.

• Stayed April 2013
Great reviews are always a pleasure to read, but especially so when the positive experience a guest had was related to their interaction with our team. I truly feel we have an exceptional staff and I am so glad you took the time to note them in your review. There are a lot of newer properties out there and we know it's our service that sets us apart. Thank you so much for the wonderful comments and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Burlington area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed here for over a week or so while on business. Upon check-in the staff was very nice and helpful. I got to my room, opened the door and it smelled like burned popcorn which was the case because when I opened the microwave door the smell hit me. I called the desk and I had to talk them into changing out the microwave instead of changing the room. The beds are very comfortable and had no problems getting to sleep. I just wish that on the weekends that house keeping would be a little more quiet in the morning. Doors slamming left and right and no it's not people checking out of their rooms. The tv is great and has great channel selection. The dresser only has two small drawers and a large compartment where they keep the refrigerator. I have to live out of my suitcase due to the lack of dresser drawers. The so called high speed internet on the other hand was the slowest high speed I've ever seen. Front desk said it was because alot of people are on it. I say it's because you need to clear the server cache and reset or don't call it high speed if everyone using it isn't experiencing high speed. I actually timed 45 seconds to a minute between each page I went to on the internet. Doing laundry was a hoot. Due to an elevator being out of order the only way to get to the laundry room which is on the 1st floor you have to take the working elevator to the 2nd floor then walk all the way to the end of the hotel to take the stairs to the 1st floor to pay $1.25 for a dryer that only lasted 30 minutes and does not dry your clothes on the first $1.25. The lent screen was broken and the exhaust hoses in back of the dryers were not connected to anything which left a thin layer of lent everywhere in the laundry room. If you're staying on the 5th floor it's a real pain especially since having only one working elevator you have to wait forever for it to get from one floor to the next. I would take the stairs but I have sciatic back problems. There are good points though. I left the do not disturb sign on my door and when I opened the door, I found a bag of towels, extra soap and wash cloths next to my door. The breakfast is pretty good. I also think it's pretty great that the management/corp actually takes the time to answer all of the comments on here. Shows they care and are concerned.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
I appreciate the time you took to write about your visit with us and I am truly sorry for some of the issues you experienced during your visit. Oddly enough I found out just yesterday that there had been a usage cap put on our internet bandwidth which I immediately had lifted! In addition our elevator has also been fixed much to the excitement of our staff as well! We do strive to keep our guests happy, and while I realize some of the issues were in process of being corrected, I hope you were taken care of if you voiced any of your concerns to the staff. We stand by our guarantee! Thank you for sharing your experience and I hope you will join us again the next time you are in the area as I am certain you will have a much better stay!
Laval, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is not my first stay in a Hampton Inn (I stayed in one around Boston), so I was very excited to try this one out, and I was not disappointed!

The staff is generally polite and friendly. They explained to us everything we needed to know at check-in. They have a fairly large parking area, though I'd imagine it fills up quite quickly during high season.

This not my first stay in Burlington. In fact, I tried 2 other hotels in the area before. Hampton Inn easily beats them! The rooms are a bit pricier than competition (I'd imagine the difference vary during low & high season), but it was well worth it. For one, the breakfast area was nice, cozy & large. There is a good choice of items in the breakfast buffet (blueberry muffins, waffles + syrup, three kinds of cold cereals, oatmeal, blueberry muffins, coffee, tea, milk, juice, bread, bagels, cream cheese, jams, etc.) and it includes also two choices of hot items, which vary from one morning to another (the sausage was freaking delicious btw!). They also serve cookies in the evening and they have a nice fireplace in the breakfast area, which was appreciated since the weather was quite cold during our stay.

The rooms are very nice and spacious, with LCD TVs (plenty of channels to listen to) and large bathrooms. Everything was clean and the furniture looked all in great condition.

My only complaint, just like my previous stay in the other Hampton Inn's, would be the beds. They tend to be very soft, which is difficult to sleep in. My boyfriend felt the same way, as well as my parents, who stayed in another room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for such a wonderful and detailed review of your stay at our property! It is great to hear from a guest who has visited the competition and can appreciate the difference you experience at our Hampton Inn. This is the kind of review that really gives the traveler a good overview of what to expect and I thank you for taking the time to detail your visit. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and apologize that you found the beds could be firmer. We have found some guests feel the same way you do and others love them, but I am glad you enjoyed the other amenities we have to offer! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in our area. Thank you for staying with us!
Cheshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have stayed here numerous times while our daughter attended college at St. Michaels and now is living and working in Burlington. The beds are comfortable and there is a nice breakfast available every morning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at our property. It is always great to hear from return guests! I truly appreciate your comments and hope you will continue to visit us at the Hampton Inn even after your daughter graduates! Thank you for staying with us!
Whittier, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was stranded at the airport and my stay at the Hampton Inn in Burlington turned out to be a wonderful little bonus to my trip! The shuttle picked me up from the airport and the young man who drove was very empathetic and pleasant to talk to. When I checked in, the two women at the front desk couldn't have been nicer! They went above and beyond helping me contact the airport regarding the hotel fee and they were very fair in the distressed passenger rate. The lobby was beautiful, the room was perfect and the hotel's fair price made my cancelled flight an easier pill to swallow. Since I didn't have a car, I ate at the restaurant next door and they had a great salad bar!

My only regret was that I had to leave at 4:15 a.m. to catch my plane home so I had to cut my pleasant stay short! Although I was up too early for the hot breakfast, the hotel had coffee, fruit, muffins, yogurt and all the cold items available for the early risers. The shuttle arrived 15 minutes early, which put my mind at ease, and departed as scheduled at 4:15 a.m. The morning driver was just as helpful and friendly as the driver the previous day. He even ran to another floor to get me some ice for my coffee while we were waiting to head to the airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
This is the kind of review I can't wait to share with the staff! Your experience is exactly what we strive to produce for all of our guests. Thank you so much for sharing your visit with us and I hope you will be able to return under better circumstances next time!

Been to Hampton Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!