“Always a good experience with Hampton Inn” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   42 Lower Mountain View Drive, Colchester, VT 05446   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
Milton, New Hampshire
“Always a good experience with Hampton Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Everytime I stay in a Hampton Inn I can always count on it being clean and a decent hotel. This Hampton Inn is no exception. The rooms were clean, comfortable, everything you could need for a few days. They have an indoor pool and a fitness room as well as free wireless and breakfast. I would definitely stay here again. They are just 10 to 15 minutes from UVM and downtown Burlington, in rush hour traffic. They are close to everything the Burlington area has to offer.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, November 13, 2011
A happy guest is worth more than any advertising we could buy. Hampton has a great reputation and I am so glad you found our hotel to continue on that tradition. It says a lot when someone takes the time to write about their stay. Thank you and I hope you come back soon to experience the upgrades we will be making over the next few months!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Conway, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Have stayed here several times while visiting our daughter at UVM. It's right off the highway and only a few short minutes to UVM and St. Michaels. Very clean with a great complimentary breakfast. It's also pet friendly with some great walking trails near by.

Room Tip: The family suites are huge!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
I am so glad you have been pleased with your visits to our hotel and I thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Tripadvisor. We know you could choose from many hotels in the Burlington area and we appreciate your business. Look for some major changes in the next few months that will make the hotel even better! Thanks again for choosing Hampton!
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

Have stayed at the Hampton several times now for business. Clean rooms, decent breakfast, free wifi. Rooms are a bit outdated, but clean, which is the most important thing to me.

Room Tip: Higher floors are typically quieter. Pool on first floor, so lots of foot traffic.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our property. We are looking forward to some improvements over the next year, to include a new lobby and fitness area. We also have plans to update the rooms with new carpeting, drapes and wall covering. We realize we compete with many new properties in the New England area and are very excited about refreshing our look. I hope you will continue to stay with us and see the transformation. Thanks for choosing Hampton!
Montauk, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Recently stayed at the Hampton in Colchester. The property is on the older side. It definately was something else before becoming a Hampton. The exterior of the hotel is very inviiting. Overall the property itself is taken care of. Our room was nice and fairly clean. I wouldn't say immaculate but it was clean. The bathroom was OK. Fairly clean but definately dated. Formica counters, etc. The price under my corporate rate was very very reasonable. The staff was very very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again. It was about 10 minutes from DT Burlington. My advice is that you can get a hotel in Burlington for about the same price as this Colchester Hampton. So unless you can get this hotel cheaper I would stay in Burlington at the higher end hotels, Double Tree, Sheraton, Hilton on the Lake, etc. Hampton Inn in Colchester does deserve it due. They really try and they take care of the property. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
You are right that our property is on the older side. It was built in 1990 and was one of the first Hampton Inn's built in New England. We realize we are competing with a lot of newer properties, so we do our best to make your experience the best it can be. Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay and I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Burlington area.
Somerset, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

As always, I only do reviews on hotels that I've stayed at more than once, as many as ten times. It makes for a very fair evaluation. (Different for resorts, I usually only do a resort one time, many are worth a second visit)

I love this hotel. I stay often. Reception is warm and professional regardless of the hour. The rooms are fresh and clean and charming. Some have a “ski lodge” feel to them. The bedding, bathrooms and amenities are always spot on.

The water pressure, towels, plenty of coffee and condiments….everything seems to matter to this property manager. Maid is service is considerate, quiet and respectful of its guests. So rare, and very much appreciated when guests arrive very late at night and sleeping past 7 am is on your agenda. This is one hotel that you wont hear staff yelling back and forth to one another, or people pounding on your door regardless of a Do Not Disturb sign hanging. (huge plus)

One thing that is small, but memorable to me about the Hamton Inn Vermont is that the windows slide open. Its adds to the warmth and charm of your stay. Getting fresh air in your hotel room in isnt usually an option.

The complimentary breakfast in the morning is a nice touch. Coffee and Tea and whole fruit available all day and all night. The business center is always up and running.

The gym is small and personal but the equipment always works. Never have I been there in the past four years and had something not been clean and working. Same is true of the indoor pool and hot tub.

It’s a quiet relaxing hotel with many nice touches...warm cookies served at check in.

Cool little pub style T-Bones restaurant connected to the hotel that has a busy, fun bar.

During one stay I got stuck there for three days during a snow storm.
Probably the most relaxing enjoyable three days that didn’t include a beach.

The shuttle service dropped me off at a local Barnes and Noble and when I phoned to be picked up, they did so happily.
Same is true of airport shuttle, its consentient, efficient and staff is courteous.

In the summer, if you have some free time its nice to catch the local bus and go down to the lake. Quaint shops and restaurants in the college area. Worth the fare if you’d prefer to taxi.

Anytime of year, this hotel is a great choice for business, couples or kids.
You wont be disappointed in its relaxing charming atmosphere and friendly “glad you’re here” attitude.

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the place....
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Wow, what a great and detailed review of our hotel! I am thinking perhaps you might be with an airline crew that stays here, as you are so very familiar with the property. Knowing how much you travel it is especially nice to know you feel comfortable and cared for when you stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. A happy guest is the best advertising we can have!
Richmond VT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I'm not crazy about chains, but this is a lovely, comfortable motor inn - good value, dog friendly, comfortable, pleasant staff, very clean, highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for mentioning we are a pet-friendly property. I know many pet owners like to travel with their animals and we try to make that as convenient as possible. I am glad your stay was a pleasant one and I hope you will visit with us again soon!
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

This is the third hotel we've stayed in in the Burlington area, and it was very nice. We were dropping our son off at Champlain college and would have preferred to stay right in town, but prices were over the top for that. Costco is almost within walking distance - a plus in my book.

UVM freshman were also moving in, so this was a busy time. Everyone was nice and friendly and I thought the late night cookies and milk were a great touch. I was disappointed when I didn't see them, but the person at the front desk quickly brought out a huge tray which my son loved.

Our room supposedly had two queen beds, but ours felt like a double. The view was non-existent and we did not get the promised Hilton member freebies, but I wasn't sure what I was supposed to get until I got back home and checked my account so did not ask about that. All in all, this was a nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay at our Hampton Inn. I know you mentioned the size of the beds, and our hotel does not have queen sized beds in the rooms. You were correct in thinking they were doubles. I am sorry if there is some inaccurate information posted somewhere, and if you happen to remember where you saw the listing I would like to get that corrected. Thanks again for choosing our property and I hope you will visit with us again soon!

Been to Hampton Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!