We expected more. Being in the middle of nowhere, although a superb location, it needs more amenities such as a shop, indoor pool (the outdoor one was out of service), snack bar, etc. It gave the impression of a 1960's German style hunting lodge with all the wood, antlers round the lights in the restaurant and heavy tables & chairs. The lobby/lounge was comfortable providing you do not mind the nearby stairs being vacuumed at 9:30 in the evening. We were disappointed with our bedroom which was very boarding house and tired. Following a complaint we were moved to a refurbished room which was much nicer. The sooner they refurbish all the rooms to that standard, the better. The restaurant and choice of food was uninspiring. With no alternative we ate there on the first night. Opting for a "safe" choice of steak and fries rather than elk loin, the steak was on the tough side and the fries were burnt. On the other nights we drove twenty minutes down the mountain to the Red Clover Inn which was absolutely splendid and thoroughly recommended.. We found several of our fellow hotel guests there on both nights, so that tells you something.
A lovely location with beautiful views, it could be so much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vermont's classic mountain resort, located in central Vermont, just 11 miles from Killington. Majestically set on 350 acres with sweeping views of the sparkling lake (with private beach) and majestic mountains, The Mountain Top Inn & Resort offers an endless array of activities, ideal for couples, families, equestrian enthusiasts, xc skiers & snowshoers, and any outdoor adventure lover - winter and summer. Accommodation types include Lodge Rooms,Luxury Cabins, Luxury Cottages and Vacation Home Rentals (minimum vacation home rental of 2 & 3 nights on some seasonal weekends). Other amenities include pool, hot tub, yoga, fitness center, tennis court, hiking and mountain biking trails, canoeing, pontoon boat rides, snow tubing, iceskating, events, conferences and more. Friendly service, casual dining and outdoor terrace seating complete the experience for guests of the Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Mountain Top Inn & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mountain Top Hotel Chittenden
- The Mountain Top Inn And Resort
- Mountain Top Hotel
- The Mountain Top Inn & Resort Vermont/Chittenden