“Very Very Bad - Never again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Fullerton Inn

You added Fullerton Inn to your Saves list
Fullerton Inn
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   40 The Common, PO Box 968, Chester, VT 05143   |
Ranked #8 of 9 Chester B&B and Inns
Springfield, Vermont
“Very Very Bad - Never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I went to the Inn for our 10th anninversary on 8/10/12. We are locals and always try to "buy local". Never again. There was a group on the porch and we were the only ones inside. The waitress said she would put our order in first to avoid a wait. After ordering and waiting a while, the waitress came and said she was sorry but our order did NOT go in first but it would not be too long a wait. We waited. She then came back and said they were out of my husband's order (pork chops) but to pick something else and she would "comp" the meal. He does and she leave. We wait. We are now on our second drink. Waitress comes back and says they, in fact, did have pork chops and gives my husband a very over cooked meal. Mine was better but not great. He tells her this is our 10th anniversary and we had wanted a nice meal so chose close to home. No response. In all. the meal took 2 HOURS with all the waiting. THEN, we get the bill (high) with 18% added on. I would have thought the Inn would have given us a piece of pie or a drink to celeberate our anniversary and to make up for the misery of waiting and waiting for our meal. But no. So we will never go back there again unless new owners buy the place!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed one night. The room was clean and everything was adequate but nothing special.
Was disappointed because the pictures present a much more charming atmosphere.
We were on the second floor with a door to the balcony. The balcony and all the chairs were dirty
it looked like it had been some time since it had been cleaned. They had live music that night in the bar area which was pleasant and the contential breakfast in the morning was good.
All and all I would try another inn next time I go back up.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Asked for an vodka gimlet straight up with fresh lime. Got it on the rocks. When I asked the waitress to take out the ice and add fresh lime she came back without ice and said she added fresh lemon. Ordered ravioli and asked to go very light on cream sauce. When I received the entree the ravioli was smothered with this awful looking sauce. I had to dig to find for the ravioli (only four in the plate) and put the ravioli in a separate dish to wipe off the sauce. It was so awful I didnt finish the meal. Would absolutely not go back. One of the worst meals I have ever had.

• Stayed July 2012
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here twice in the past few months because he has business in Chester. We were there both times during their slow time. We were greeted warmly both times by the Innkeepers, a husband and wife, and our accommodations were very nice, quaint. This is not a chain hotel, so if you are used to the usual TV in your room etc.. it is not the place for you. They have a really good chef; we had dinner there all the nights we were in town. They have a wonderful homemade salad dressing that is like nothing I have ever tasted, I looked forward to eating my salad every night.One night they had entertainment in the Tavern and we enjoyed that very much We found the service to be good and the staff couldn't have been friendlier. In addition, everyone in town that I met was also very friendly. We will stay there again when we are in town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Our family gathered at the Inn to celebrate my niece's wedding. I spent two nights at the Inn. The room was clean and comfortable. We had dinner on Friday night and were pleased with the menu choices. The food was well prepared and quite delicious. Some of us spent the evening in the Tavern and enjoyed a local musician. The breakfasts were a delight. The actual celebration was well prepared by the bride and by the staff at the Inn. The staff, which consists primarily of the owners, was always courteous and responded to all of our requests. I personally feel they outdid themselves on our behalf. I would highly recommend the Fullerton Inn to anyone lookng for a unique experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a night over Memorial Day weekend because we were site seeing in the area and were up for something a little more quaint and warm than another chain motel. Maybe we just came at the wrong time of year but the place had a dead and vacant feel. We arrived to find a "Restaurant Closed" sign on the porch, a pile of broken furniture and junk in front with a "Free" sign on it, and a pack of loitering teenagers directy in front of the inn discussing who knew someone that could buy alcohol for them. We walked in and there was no one around anywhere, and no indication of how to summon someone. We hung out for about 10 minutes before one of the owners came down. Overall the stay was adequate. The room was clean and pleasant, the back garden has potential (perhaps still too early in the year) and the continental breakfast was excellent (including delicious blueberry and rasberry/white chocolate scones!). I refer to the stay as "unremarkable" because we didn't find any of the warmth, charm, or hospitality that was our original reason for staying at a Vermont inn. In the end it was just a clean and comfortable place to flop. We had a warmer reception at the Keene HI Express the night before. Perhaps in busier times when there are more guests and the restaurant is open there is greater hospitality?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Chester, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I dined at the Tavern recently with my husband and 8 year old twins. We arrived on a slow Tues night and thought we would eat something special as opposed to the only other option of local pizza. We walked in and were greeted by the hostess rudely. I wished we left then. I have been to a lot of restaurants but have NEVER had such a bad meal with such rude and indifferent people as I/we had recently here. My children were perfect and hungry and we didn't order from the kids menu. The sheperds pie they ordered was so dry and old I should have sent it back. We think it is a treat to go out to a "fine dining rest." like this. Even our kids said they were super rude and not caring. We are locals and will never go back. We will also tell all our local and out of state friends to stay away. I was so upset by the whole the experience. My meal was the worst I have ever had out, as was our kids. The bill was not cheap either.
Stay Away. Go anywhere else when in Chester. You folks should get out of your business because it is apparent that you don't enjoy it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fullerton Inn? Share your experiences!