This place is a strange mixture of historic (The Castle), Modern and Cozy (Condominum Suites) and Average (The Pointe). I booked this through a deal online as well and enjoyed my stay. We stayed at a Condominum suite and it was great. The place was clean, modern with a country flaire. The water was a bit tricky but soon figured out how to get hot water. For some reason, the hot water was in the cold direction and vice versa. ALso you have to let it run for awhile to warm it up. Soon we had clean warm water for showering. The condo unit also have a complete Condo with kitchen, living room, and rooms for a family. I can see how it would be great during skiing season (too bad I dont ski).
We enjoyed both the jacuzzi and pools (indoor and outdoor). The outdoor pool was warm and clean. There are lounging chairs, a jacuzzi and a glass room for yoga/pilates. Next to it is the Aveda spa which we did not use so no comment. The indoor pool/jacuzzi was nice but not as impressive as the outdoor one. It was however open later.
The castle itself was magnificent and victorian. Very romantic. We missed the dinner- it ends at around 8pm. So we had to drive into town for food. Only thing open was the bar, so we were stuck eating hamburgers. Everything in town closes at 9pm, at least when we went in October. No night life to speak of, so not good for singles. We did have a change to eat breakfast in the castle the next morning. It was however a continental all you can eat breakfast. It was delicious with homemade granola and yummy pastries. Recommended.
I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a relaxing, peaceful, beautfiul place to stay at in the scenic green mountains of vermont. Pictures to be posted later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury and elegance are the words best used to describe Castle Hill Resort and Spa in Ludlow, Vermont. Located in the lush Green Mountains, the resort is a member of the prestigious “Small Luxury Hotels of the World” and listed on National Register of Historic Places.The full-service Castle Hill Resort and Spa features a unique collection of 10 Castle rooms, which exude timeless elegance and luxury. Each room has its own layout, architectural elements, and character, and is warmly decorated and furnished with period pieces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Castle Hill Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Hill Resort And Hotel Cavendish
- Castle Hill Hotel
- Castle Hill Resort And Spa Vermont/Cavendish