“Great Stay/ Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2940 Route 103, Cavendish, VT 05142   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cavendish
Danbury, CT
“Great Stay/ Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

I recently stayed at the Pointe for a weekend ski trip. The location of the hotel was very convenient and a short drive away from the mountain and downtown. The staff at the Pointe we very nice and helpful, they gave great information about the hotel and the area. When I returned home from my trip I realized I had forgot my watch in a draw at the hotel. I immediately called up the hotel and spoke with Gus in reservations and advised him that I had left my watch in the room; he took down my information and said he would get back to me. A couple hours later I received a call from Gus telling me that they found my watch, I was ecstatic! I received my watch in the mail yesterday, I can’t thank Gus and the rest of the staff enough for sending my watch back and for a great weekend stay. Can’t wait to get back up to Okemo!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

Hotel very accomodating, changed travel dates at last minute to avoid upcoming storm. Arrived late and had small problem with the rate charged at check-in as it was not the rate confirmed at reservation. Peter at check-in was very helpful and tried to fix it but was not able to, he told us it would be fixed the following morning and it was. Room was a little small for 4 of us but it worked. Room was clean, with plenty of towels. Hot tub was great after a day of skiing. Asked for late check-out so we could return after a day of skiing and we were able to check-out at 5pm with a additional fee which was great. Overall found staff to be very accomading to guests needs. Breakfast at hotel not great, Hatchery, in town for breakfast was very good. Ski and stay package a great value!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
rhode island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

My partner and I decided to take our first mini vacation last year and I searched high and low and found this little gem. The Castle part of the property was very luxurious looking but we opted for the small condo type rooms because they had the pool access, fireplaces, and jacuzzi bath tubs.

Parking was free which again, is always a plus. There was lots of snow but the lot was shoveled well and all icey patches were taken care off. The area is pretty secluded so it really felt relaxing to be away from everything. The condos building is not as gorgeous as the Castle but that's to be expected so try to expect so much. A previous user said it was a dump, much to the contrary, the hallways, lobby, and rooms were very clean and refreshing. The staff was nice and didn't make me nor my partner feel uncomfortable for staying there as a lesbian couple.

Laura the supervisor or manager was great and provided me with a couple of credits to the restaurant and spa for some miscommunication I had experienced a few times leading up the vacation. I didn't ask nor did I expect anything and what a surprise at check-in that was!

The bed was amazing, one of the best I've slept in. We lounged all day in that bed and the pillows were down and fabulous once again.

The pool and hot tub was sooooo great. It was a quiet weekend as hoped and not too many people were in the pool area. It was clean, warm, and big so you didn't feel cramped doing anything. I'd do anything to be back in that pool!

The Castle Hill restaurant was fabulous! Well worth the money nad it was pretty pricey so the credit did help! It is a standard 4 course meal and it had a nice variety of items that you could choose from. The meat came back the proper temps and the sides were incredible. The portions were huge! Normally with pre-fixe menus you barely get anything but here you get more than enough. Everything was timed well and again, no one made us feel awkward. Our server was great and she made the dinner even better with her charm and wit.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

We found the Point through the Inn at Castle Hill Website. The place is a dump and the service completely indifferent. The Point is a rebadged Clarion hotel and should not have a link to its website on the Castle Hill website. They want you to think that they are a SLH member which is completely deceptive. I paid way too much for what is a $69 dollar a night roadside hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

We had a wonderful, relaxing ski trip to Okemo, VT at The Pointe at the Castle Hill Resort. It is, by far, the best value in the Ludlow area. We've stayed in their hotel room with two queen beds on many occassions and for a two-week-plus period in one of their family suites. The hotel is great for singles, couples, young families or families with teenagers. The hotel is well built so you do not hear your neighbors to the left and right of you or on the floor above you. From the moment you check in until you check out, everything is so very easy...the hotel is "your home away from home." Check-in is easy; the rooms are very clean; the spa is fantastic!; my son loved the pool and hot tub; they have yoga and pilates classes; The Castle library is a great place to have a drink or hot chocolate while meeting with friends or reading a book especially before having dinner.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Arlington, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

Other reviews on TripAdvisor lowered our expectations immensely, so we were pleasantly surprised with our experience. The staff was neither rude nor extra helpful; the amenities were alright; the room was clean and seemed recently updated. The suite we stayed in was quite spacious, and the full kitchen was nice to have since we were traveling with a toddler who can only handle one restaurant a day (especially since there is no room service here).
All in all, a decent hotel -- but we agree with other reviewers that say the website is misleading -- this is not a resort at all. I have to say that we stayed at a 50% discount -- and would not have been happy with the value had we paid full price!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Rhode Island, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Stayed at the Pointe on a midweek promotional package, which was a great deal. The room was huge and comfortable, with a fridge in the room. The pool is small, but the hot tub is large and very very clean. We did not use the facilities at the Castle Hill Mansion, although our package permitted us to do so. The outdoor pool and hot tub at the mansion are beautiful. The best thing about the hotel is its location. For our purpose -- leaf peeping -- it was an ideal location, and there are plenty of dining choices very nearby. Even with a couple of large groups staying there, the housekeeping and desk staff were friendly, accommodating, and efficient. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort? Share your experiences!