My partner and I decided to take our first mini vacation last year and I searched high and low and found this little gem. The Castle part of the property was very luxurious looking but we opted for the small condo type rooms because they had the pool access, fireplaces, and jacuzzi bath tubs.
Parking was free which again, is always a plus. There was lots of snow but the lot was shoveled well and all icey patches were taken care off. The area is pretty secluded so it really felt relaxing to be away from everything. The condos building is not as gorgeous as the Castle but that's to be expected so try to expect so much. A previous user said it was a dump, much to the contrary, the hallways, lobby, and rooms were very clean and refreshing. The staff was nice and didn't make me nor my partner feel uncomfortable for staying there as a lesbian couple.
Laura the supervisor or manager was great and provided me with a couple of credits to the restaurant and spa for some miscommunication I had experienced a few times leading up the vacation. I didn't ask nor did I expect anything and what a surprise at check-in that was!
The bed was amazing, one of the best I've slept in. We lounged all day in that bed and the pillows were down and fabulous once again.
The pool and hot tub was sooooo great. It was a quiet weekend as hoped and not too many people were in the pool area. It was clean, warm, and big so you didn't feel cramped doing anything. I'd do anything to be back in that pool!
The Castle Hill restaurant was fabulous! Well worth the money nad it was pretty pricey so the credit did help! It is a standard 4 course meal and it had a nice variety of items that you could choose from. The meat came back the proper temps and the sides were incredible. The portions were huge! Normally with pre-fixe menus you barely get anything but here you get more than enough. Everything was timed well and again, no one made us feel awkward. Our server was great and she made the dinner even better with her charm and wit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated amidst the natural beauty of the Green Mountains in southern Vermont, and just a short distance from Okemo Mountain, the contemporary and family-friendly The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort and Spa, offers one of Vermont’s most picturesque yet intimate settings for a family vacation, meeting, conference, or ski getaway.With a choice of recently renovated, comfortable and spacious accommodations — rooms with queen or king beds, extra-large family rooms, or family suites — all of our guests at The Pointe Hotel will enjoy the modern conveniences and wide variety of amenities we offer, including flat-screen TV, refrigerator, coffee/tea maker, hair dryer, and bathrooms with complimentary toiletries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelClick, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pointe, a Castle Hill Resort Hotel Cavendish
- Pointe At Castle Hill Hotel
- Clarion Cavendish
- The Pointe At Castle Hill Resort Vermont/Cavendish