“Don't stay here!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cavendish
MA
“Don't stay here!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

There were very few guests at the hotel-that should have tipped us off as to what to expect. Very nasty and unhelpful staff. Would never stay there again.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

We were heading up to Ludlow VT for our first night of vacation so I had checked all the sites for the best deals and locations prior to leaving. This place was listed as more expensive, but a bit more upscale than others. We stopped in at the Best Western closer to town first to check it out and it was OK, but I wanted to look into this hotel.
It turned out to be a pretty nice place and the price was $25.00 cheaper for the night and a lot less than the internet stated.
It is about 2 miles from town, but as it turns out not much is opened on Monday nights.
We didn't use the spa facilities so I can't comment on that.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Acton, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

It is really a shame!!! Upon arrival, my wife's first comment is "this can not be a resort and spa". And my thought is we were somewhat deceived by the name and advertising. This is more like a upper end motel. We did not stay at the Castle side of the hotel so I can not comment on that (we stayed at the Pointe). The room was OK, nothing fancy or luxury as advertised. There is an indoor pool and jacuzzi with clorine filled room, the same you can expect from a Red Roof Inn or Quality Inn. Please do not anticipate this will be place for romantic getaway. There is absolutely nothing special, at least in our opinion....there is no breakfast (at least you get those at some other chains) and no movie on demand, no room service. For anyone who is expecting a full service hotel...try to lower your expectations or stay somewhere else!!!! Don't be deceived by the name.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Conway, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

My Husband and I headed up to VT overnight on the motorcycle. I thought we'd just get a room when we got there since it was off-season. At the last minute he suggested we make reservations. I quickly jumped on the computer to see what was there. I saw the Castle Hill...We'd seen it before and wanted to check it out. I called the number ..not realizing I was calling The Pointe. So we get up there and when we realized where it was, we were debating about canceling and heading up into Ludlow to the Best Western. See, we stayed at this hotel years ago...but I believe it was a Clarion at the time and it was disgusting. But it looked like they did some work to it and it looked a little nicer...as did the room pictures on the computer. So we checked in. The front desk was not rude...but not overly friendly. She made some comment about expecting us earlier when she handed me the $25 off coupon for dinner. (I had told her we were about 1 1/2 hrs away...it was actually 2) and apparently dinner wasn't being served anywhere there at 9pm. So we checked out our room. It was very nice. Large king bed, flat screen TV...the room was clean. and the carpet looked new. I did my usual test. I walk around barefoot to see if my feet get black....NOPE! Only thing I noticed was in the morning I saw some hair in the drain of the shower...eeewww! We had dinner at the Pot belly...very good! and breakfast at the hatchery....very expensive, but a nice view of Okemo mtn. Overall, for a place to lay our head it was ok. the bed was comfy and the bedding was very pretty. the room kinda had an elegant look to it. And We've stayed in ALOT of hotels. Would I stay here again. hhmmm...maybe not....only because it''s about 3-4 miles away from Ludlow so you have to drive instead of being able to walk.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

Decided on this hotel as it was recommended by some friends and I was looking for a hotel that is close to the slopes. Okemo is a good mountain for families and this property seemed like a good choice esp. for the price $179/nite.

Finding the hotel was easy, right off the road ! Check in again no problem. It has a nice lobby with a fireplace, two computers and some nice lounging furniture. Game room is right there too. The breakfast room is upstairs (above the reception area).

Room is of a good size and furnished well but the bed is too soft and the walls too thin (u can hear the TV next door as well as conversations). The staff are all very nice and pool area is nice too but when you are on a ski trip, one really need a good night sleep so the noise level is a little too much for us (not the hotel's fault really as there was a ski race going on that weekend and all the families were staying here so the teenagers were going from door to door, opening and slamming doors, laughing out lout and running along the corridor, ALL NIGHT !).

We had told the reception after the first night hoping to change rooms but it was FULL and the main hotel (castle hill) doesnt have a room to take all of us (couple with two young kids) that weekend. After the 2nd night, we had decided to leave instead of continuing our stay. The reception staff was understanding enough when we explained about our leaving early.

Will I come back ? No, might give their main hotel a try but otherwise, I wont be back even if the ski team or race is not there. If you have back problems, this is not the hotel for you coz the bed is too soft. Otherwise, it is a nice hotel esp. if a ski race is not in season !

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
lockport ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

i took a group of students from buffalo ny to this hotel and i cant say enough about the service we were given andy the manager was a class act guy the rooms were all newley rentavated and very clean and okemo was only 3 miles away . the hot tub was perfect and spacious the pool was cold but i think there was a problem with the heater

• Stayed February 2009
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2009

Excellent service with clean rooms. Very friendly front desk staff. We bought the ski+stay package, which didn't really save us any money on the lift tickets but they did throw in the free breakfast which was fantastic. Overall, staying at the Pointe was a wonderful experience and all the recent renovations does add to the charm of the place.

Stayed January 2009

Been to The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort? Share your experiences!