My husband and I enjoyed our fall foliage weekend getaway when staying here for two nights this past weekend. We got the Groupon for a two night stay, and the price was much more economical than any other regular rate we could find online within a 50-75 mile radius. The front desk was very friendly upon check-in (Jean, I think), and the staff later in the evening was happy to provide us games to play in our room which we took advantage of.
A couple of things that would have made our stay better - if the pool was open a bit later and if we would have been able to get a king room, but we did book somewhat last-minute.
With some of the comments not being all positive, we weren't sure what to expect, but the rooms were very nice (somewhat standard, but very well appointed and nice color scheme with decorations). Mini fridge with Keurig (though my husband had some difficulties and just filled his cup at the front desk the 2nd day). The mini fridge was the neatest I've ever seen with the eliminated light and I enjoyed the Aveda products in the bathroom. The beds were comfy, and pillows even better - we slept well here (good blackout curtains if you position them right). Our room did face the highway and we couldn't hear any cars passing by.
We spent one morning in the hot tub and pool and enjoyed that, but wish we would have been able to spend time in the neat, (heated!) outdoor pool up at the Castle. We checked it out one night and was hoping to return the next day, but it closed at 7:45pm (we didn't return to the hotel from driving around NH and VT until after that). We originally had reservations for dinner at the Castle, (which we heard was great), but we had to cancel because our driving took us all over back roads of NH & VT and wasn't going to be able to make it back in time. We enjoyed a few places in town to grab a drink and have dinner, so we didn't feel like we missed out on too much.
There was a drop-in yoga class on Saturday morning I was contemplating going to but missed, and I would have loved to have had a facial or massage at the spa, but it just wasn't in the cards for this stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated amidst the natural beauty of the Green Mountains in southern Vermont, and just a short distance from Okemo Mountain, the contemporary and family-friendly The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort and Spa, offers one of Vermont’s most picturesque yet intimate settings for a family vacation, meeting, conference, or ski getaway.With a choice of recently renovated, comfortable and spacious accommodations — rooms with queen or king beds, extra-large family rooms, or family suites — all of our guests at The Pointe Hotel will enjoy the modern conveniences and wide variety of amenities we offer, including flat-screen TV, refrigerator, coffee/tea maker, hair dryer, and bathrooms with complimentary toiletries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pointe, a Castle Hill Resort Hotel Cavendish
- Pointe At Castle Hill Hotel
- Clarion Cavendish
- The Pointe At Castle Hill Resort Vermont/Cavendish