“Great stay for girls' trip” 4 of 5 stars

The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2940 Route 103, Cavendish, VT 05142   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Cavendish
Boston, MA
“Great stay for girls' trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I got a Groupon for this hotel, so we took a girls' trip up to the area. The hotel was easy to find and right off of the main road. The building struck us as more motelish than resorty. The lobby was big and had a sort of mountainy feel to it. The girls at the front desk were nice & friendly, but seemed a little disorganized at check in and check out. We had a suite and were told to park around back and use the side door, which was closer. Very confusing, as there were no outside signs directing and many doors. A property map would be very helpful, also because the restaurant, outdoor, pool, & spa were located up the hill at the Castle. The whole setup of this place was a little odd and didn't feel like a resort, but the suites were awesome and the amenities were nice...indoor & outdoor pool, spa, there's a little arcade/game room for the kids, etc.

The suite was really nice and plenty of room for 4 adults...full sized kitchen, stocked with supplies, fireplace, large bathroom including washer/dryer, Aveda products, jacuzzi tub, and luxurious Turkish Towel Co towels. We were an end unit, so very quiet. The bed was comfy and not only a queen size pullout sofa in the living room, but a twin pullout chair also! Plenty of storage between closets and drawers, although some kind of storage shelf in the bathroom would've been nice.

Amenities were great! The indoor pool was nice to have and enjoyed the jacuzzi. Everything was kept very clean and nice pool towels were provided at the front desk. We absolutely loved the outdoor pool! Such a tranquil, garden atmosphere. Definitely more of an adult vibe, which we loved! Can't say enough wonderful things about the spa. The girl I talked to at the desk was so nice, accommodating, and informative. Smaller spa, but had a nice changing room, sauna, and little relaxation/waiting area. Bottled water, robes, and slippers were provided. We all had great facials and massages. They also have a pretty nice looking workout room and carry the full Aveda line.

The hotel was convenient to Okemo Mountain and Ludlow. Definitely would be a great base camp for a ski trip, as there were nice amenities for après ski! They're also pet friendly!

Room Tip: Suites are great for 4 people or a family! Regular rooms are in the front wing and suites are in th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
East Greenbush, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel on Groupon price ($193 for two nights, plus the $25 dollar credit towards the spa and another for the restaurant). The bed, (they didn't have any King size beds, so my husband and I ended up getting the double queen room), were comfortable, however we could hear the exit doors closing, the kids next door rough housing. So like other reviews before us, I do have to admit the walls were a bit thin. The shower had inconsistent pressure, and you had to get the dial just right so the water didn't fluctuate between hot and cold.

The "deluxe continental complimentary" breakfast..the only deluxe was.."yeah scrambled egg". No this isn't a plural typo, the egg was at best- one and half egg, a random cut strawberry, and pastries to your eye candy picking. For $9.95 per person, we were hoping that at least a waffle iron would be present. The ambiance at the Castle (more like stone mansion) was very lovely.
The actual dinner menu was well over-priced, (nothing really under $50 per plate) and being foodies, I could make the selections at home and for less. So we opted to go eat in town for some local flavor; Sam's steakhouse, (they are open till 9/10pm which is great for late night eaters), The Downtown Grocery, (which you will need reservations), and the Hatchery (breakfast and lunch)..were all reasonable and incredible, (which reviews will soon follow)

NOW the coup de gras--was the Aveda product endorsed spa. We got the couple massage package, this was actually the first time we had a professional massage. Kris and Deena were amazing, personable, friendly, and overall experience=FANTASTIC! The entire staff as well were genuinely customer service friendly. Which another bonus was the complimentary Aveda products at the hotel.

The hot tub at both the hotel and stone mansion were great.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Convenient location on route 103, about 20 min off exit 6 on I-91. Rooms are clean but pretty small. 2 pools - one heated outdoor which is nice but had a strangely geriatric vibe - our kids were the only ones in the pool. Indoor pool was nice. Staff was very professional. k-cup in room. Everything was ok but not sure the 249$ room rate was justified for a nice clean motel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Providence
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I would stay here again in a heartbeat! The staff at the front desk was informative and polite. I knew nothing of the area upon arrival and was pleased with how much the front desk woman knew. I wanted to golf, she pulled out a map and highlighted the nearest courses. I wanted dinner, she pulled out another map and highlighted different cuisine choices.

I was extremely impressed with how clean this place is! For the price, you can't beat the location and atmosphere. Highly, highly recommend.

So close to Okemo and right in the heart of the beautiful village of Ludlow, The Pointe is a great place for serenity or a plethora of activities...whatever you choose!

If this weren't enough, you can bring your furry friends! With pet-friendly rates at $99.00/night, you can't go wrong.

Bedford, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed at The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort while visiting family in Ludlow. The ONLY reason I stayed here was the dog-friendly...otherwise, the room rates were really high. I did purchase the Vermont "Pet-Friendly" package, which meant that my pet could stay in my room. That's it. AND the only room that was applicable was a queen room.

When I pulled up to The Pointe and went into the lobby, I had an "uh oh" moment. The lobby looked more like a nursing home corridor than a "resort." The gal who checked me in didn't tell me anything about the 'resort'. She just handed me a couple of coupons and then pushed a pet agreement in front of me. The pet agreement stated that I agreed to pay an extra $40 a night! Um, no...I had a package. She looked at it and said, "Oh, well...I guess that doesn't apply here." Had I not mentioned it...well, I would be agreeing to pay another $40 a night!

So, we get in the room, and it's pure Holiday Inn. Stains on the carpet. Standard furnishings. Not bad, per se...but at the price I paid, a pure disappointment.

We really weren't there for the 'amenities' of the property. We were there to visit family and sleep. Unfortunately, the THIN WALLS prevented the sleep part. A loud family was next door.

When I checked out, there was one person at the front desk. Two people were in the office behind the desk. There were six parties in line, and the front desk person was handling in-bound phone calls. She finally finished the calls and got to the people in line. The people in the back...they were chatting. When four of the parties had be served, someone finally decided to come out from the back and help customers. When it was my turn, I told the desk clerk that I was disappointed in my stay, that the walls were way too thin, and I was dismayed that all they had was a Continental breakfast. "Oh no, we cook to order." Okay, so why was there NO information about the restaurant in the room? I told the clerk that I thought the hotel was too pricey for the mediocre rooms. He started arguing with me, telling me that they had the BEST amenities, a great pool, a great restaurant, etc.

I suppose that would have been good information when I checked IN..not when I checked OUT.

All in all, I'm sure that this place does have nice amenities. However, the rooms are less than 'luxurious' and the Pointe feels and looks like a mid-budget motel. For over $200 for a night...it's really not worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Woodbridge, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The hotel isn't going to make a huge impression, but it's nice enough and comfortable. Our room had double queen beds, air conditioning and a Keurig coffee maker. The bathroom is nothing special, but they stock Aveda shampoo and conditioner. Whatever the hotel is lacking in accommodations it makes up in location, about a 5 minute drive to Ludlow. I went up to the Castle and hung out by the outdoor pool for a few hours, it was empty at first but eventually people trickled in slowly. You have to sign in with the spa to take out towels, which is annoying and unnecessary. We got a deal on Groupon for about $100 a night with a credit for dinner which we didn't wind up using since you were required to order a 3 course meal with a minimum purchase of $100.
The Pointe is pet friendly!

new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Love this hotel. Third time visiting Staff very nice and helpful. Rooms very spacious and clean. Spa is up the hill from the hotel. Town is about 5-10 min drive where there are restaurants, shops. Ski area okemo about 10 min drive away. I actually like the location alot. Couldn't be happier.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort? Share your experiences!