We stayed at this Hotel on Groupon price ($193 for two nights, plus the $25 dollar credit towards the spa and another for the restaurant). The bed, (they didn't have any King size beds, so my husband and I ended up getting the double queen room), were comfortable, however we could hear the exit doors closing, the kids next door rough housing. So like other reviews before us, I do have to admit the walls were a bit thin. The shower had inconsistent pressure, and you had to get the dial just right so the water didn't fluctuate between hot and cold.
The "deluxe continental complimentary" breakfast..the only deluxe was.."yeah scrambled egg". No this isn't a plural typo, the egg was at best- one and half egg, a random cut strawberry, and pastries to your eye candy picking. For $9.95 per person, we were hoping that at least a waffle iron would be present. The ambiance at the Castle (more like stone mansion) was very lovely.
The actual dinner menu was well over-priced, (nothing really under $50 per plate) and being foodies, I could make the selections at home and for less. So we opted to go eat in town for some local flavor; Sam's steakhouse, (they are open till 9/10pm which is great for late night eaters), The Downtown Grocery, (which you will need reservations), and the Hatchery (breakfast and lunch)..were all reasonable and incredible, (which reviews will soon follow)
NOW the coup de gras--was the Aveda product endorsed spa. We got the couple massage package, this was actually the first time we had a professional massage. Kris and Deena were amazing, personable, friendly, and overall experience=FANTASTIC! The entire staff as well were genuinely customer service friendly. Which another bonus was the complimentary Aveda products at the hotel.
The hot tub at both the hotel and stone mansion were great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated amidst the natural beauty of the Green Mountains in southern Vermont, and just a short distance from Okemo Mountain, the contemporary and family-friendly The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort and Spa, offers one of Vermont’s most picturesque yet intimate settings for a family vacation, meeting, conference, or ski getaway.With a choice of recently renovated, comfortable and spacious accommodations — rooms with queen or king beds, extra-large family rooms, or family suites — all of our guests at The Pointe Hotel will enjoy the modern conveniences and wide variety of amenities we offer, including flat-screen TV, refrigerator, coffee/tea maker, hair dryer, and bathrooms with complimentary toiletries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelClick, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pointe, a Castle Hill Resort Hotel Cavendish
- Pointe At Castle Hill Hotel
- Clarion Cavendish
- The Pointe At Castle Hill Resort Vermont/Cavendish