“Best Food Around” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Markleysburg, Pennsylvania
“Best Food Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

If you are in Castleton VT, please stop in the Birdseye Diner, the food is excellent and the staff are wonderful. This year we went almost every night to eat at the Diner.

Visited September 2013

North Clarendon, Vermont, United States
“Good Classic American Diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Been going here every time I visit my family in Castleton for the past 3 years now. I really have no complaints on the quality of the food or the portions. The pricing is on par with all other American Fare diners as well. The staff is very friendly but at times seem to forget about you, not always but sometimes mostly simple things like a refill. The $4 burger night is awesome, over a quarter lb. burger with tons of fries, really can't beat it. The meatloaf is delicious, spaghetti was surprisingly good, and to be honest with you I walked there every morning for breakfast. I will always be a customer unless anything changes. Enjoy!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Vermont
“disapointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was such a let down. We'd been before and it was good, traditional diner food. This time we followed our visit with a trip to Dunkin Donuts.
First off, there was a dirty table next to us the whole time we were there. They still had a few other empty tables but it's unpleasant to look at at the used napkins and dirty glasses the previous customers had left.
Then the coffee was weak. I know it's a diner and I'm not expecting dark roast or anything but this was just awful. When we put milk & sugar in it, it tasted like watered down sweet milk. I had ordered the waffles which are only available on weekends, so I expected fresh made in a waffle iron. What I got were pancakes that looked liked they were stamped with something shaped like a waffle. Pancakes and waffles are supposed to taste different not just have different shapes. Additionally the "waffles" tasted like the griddle. I ate about 3 bites drowned in maple syrup before I gave up. The waffle I had at a Hampton Inn breakfast buffet was better. The bf's club sandwich was o.k. He mentioned that the bread and the chips were both stale. The hash browns were fine, maybe a little bland.
I'm sad because Castleton is such a pretty town and I wanted an excuse to go back. Maybe next time we'll try the deli across the street.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Albany, New York
“Hit The Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

very clean spot the food was acceptable for the price. got what i expected. i had a long trail beer, cup of chili - not a ton of flavor, starter salad with blue cheese dressing, curly fries all for under $15. left a happy man. jus needs to live up to your expectations. the room with the addition is charming with the murials painted on the wall. they also do some sort of promotion for locals for birthday dinners - the lady next to me had some sort of card - that is really nice.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Twin Cities, MN
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Fantastic nostalgic atmosphere w/ incredibly delicious food -we had breakfast. Friendly service, reasonable prices and generous portions = great value.

• Visited July 2013