Burlington is a small but interesting city located in the NW corner of VT...right on the shores of Lake Champlain. There is a lot going on with the arts, shopping and outdoor activities. One great place to experience all this is at the Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Harbor. That's right, it's near the harbor. From our window we have an awesome view of the Lake and the distant Adirondacks to the west. Great for watching sunsets. It's located very close to the VT/NYS Ferry to Essex, NY (which is seasonal). A short walk up Cherry Street and your in the middle of a street (Church St.) full of shopping and eating establishments. Also, close by is the University. The hotel is well staffed with friendly and informative people. The rooms are spacious and clean. All the essentials are provided (with extra bedding and towels easily available). There is a fitness center, cosy lounge and a fine restaurant. This hotel is a great place to tour the Lake, northern New England and easy access to Canada (Montreal).
Only downside--despite keeping a close watch on the Lake, I did not get to see the legendary "Champy", the "Loch Ness Monster" of New England. Perhaps next time, and there will be a next time for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Burlington Harbor is located just steps away from Lake Champlain, Burlington Town Center, and the Church Street Marketplace . It is ideal for business or pleasure with spacious, thoughtful guest rooms,indoor pool, soaking tub, fitness facility, hi speed internet, flat screen HD TV's, in-room movies, and a business center which all combine to make the Courtyard Burlington Harbor the right choice for your lodging needs. Also on property, is our restaurant, Bleu Northeast Seafood, which offers fresh local and regional cuisine. The Bar at Bleu is open daily, with wine, local beers, and craft cocktails. Guestrooms and bathrooms echo Vermont's serene beauty, blending form and function for maximum comfort and productivity. Art by Vermont photographer Shayne Lynn. Cherrywood furnishings. Autumnal colors. Pure Vermont air suffusion. Comfortable linens, warm comforters, premium mattresses, oversized tubs, walk-in showers. Fat fluffy towels, Wired and wireless internet, Multi-line phones. Places for work, spaces for rest. Revitalizing sanctuaries that serve you like no others. Simply and beautifully incomparable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Reservation Counter, Hotels.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Burlington Harbor Hotel Burlington
- Courtyard Burlington Harbor
- Burlington Marriott
- Burlington Courtyard