“Great steaks, salads and beer - comfort food for sure!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Nantucket
“Great steaks, salads and beer - comfort food for sure!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

After a stressful, snowy drive to Burlington we weren't discouraged by the 40 minute wait. The bar was overflowing with many different libations. From there, steaks were delicious, salads large and satisfying. An eclectic range of patrons, good prices. Service slightly slow even as the tables began to empty. Good choice for a cold night and large steak!

Visited January 2014

Ottawa, Canada
“Warm atmosphere, American Food and generous portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We went for dinner on a very cold night... I would recommend this place for anyone looking for a delicious meal. We were a group of three and we all ordered variations of the hamburger. Being from Canada, we are not permitted to order our hamburgers "medium" so it was an extra treat. The Service was great (friendly and efficient) and the overall experience was good. Next time in Burlington Vermont will necessitate another visit to The Scuffer.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Great dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Meal was great. Family atmosphere is great. Service was ok and the food was great. Wonderful experience. Staff was nice

Milton
“Pretty good steak and a lively spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We dine out a lot and got a Jump On It deal for the Scuffer. We went on a Friday around 5:00pm. The place was warm, hospitable and was filling up fast. We had our usual martini's, decent and reasonably priced for downtown at $8.00. My wife had the homemade pasta with duck confit special and she loved it. The only issue was that my wife asked if it had bacon; the waitress said no. There was tons of bacon in the dish. My wife enjoyed the dish. At $20, it was reasonably priced.I had the ribeye at $24. It was perfectly medium-rare. Service was nice and the food came out quickly. The only real knock on the food was that it was a tad greasy. We noticed it more the next day when we had our leftovers. We would try the Scuffer again; the food is pretty decent and the atmosphere is a lot of fun.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Next time.....I will finish that burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

While visiting with friends recently in Burlington, stopped into The Scuffer(or Scuffer's as I thought it was called!) since my friend said they had tasty burgers and a good beer selection. Check and check. Similar to some of the other bars and restaurants in Burlington, The Scuffer had an extensive beer list written on a chalkboard above the bar. What was even better, is you could get a sampler with 5 of the beers for a reasonable price, so of course I went with that option. And if I could remember what all the beers were I would tell you! But I do remember they were all good. The service was very friendly and efficient as well. As for the burgers, let's just say my friends and I made some mistakes before coming here. Mistakes like eating wings down the street and following that with appetizers here before eating said burgers. So despite the fact I loved the burger I ordered(once again memory fails me) I literally could only eat half of it. As I left the restaurant I specifically remember thinking one thing: A burger that good should never go to waste. Highly recommended.

• Visited November 2013