“Danish Modern - Made in Vermont” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Rise to the top
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Burlington
Ithaca, New York
“Danish Modern - Made in Vermont”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife and I were very happy with our weekend at the Hotel Vermont! The location is great, just steps away from all the action on Church Street, or the Lake Champlain waterfront equidistant in the opposite direction.

We were warmly greeted by the staff upon arrival. Everyone on the staff that we encountered were very friendly, professional, and accommodating.

The hotel is clean and bright. We loved the very well executed blend of Danish Modern design with locally sourced Vermont materials. The room design was spacious and very well thought out.

We had a delicious breakfast in the restaurant Juniper.

I am happy to recommend this great new hotel in Burlington, VT!

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I am perplexed by the so- so reviews. The hotel was beautiful, with a fresh Scandinavian / Vermont feel. The room was spacious, clean and modern with top of the line bedding, towels and products. Most items in the room from the coffee mugs to the water pitcher ,to the glass soap dishes , were made locally, and available for purchase . It was a great way to get a feel for modern Vermont with out the old granny/ plaid/ maple syrup New England theme. The staff was friendly and quite welcoming.

We had cocktails outside on one of the two roof decks, which was a quiet respite from the more noisy church street. Brunch at juniper was delicious, locally sourced and quite reasonable. I have been coming to Burlington for the past five years and this is by far my favorite hotel. I felt comfortable, well cared for, and inspired by this great new take on Vermont cool.

Room Tip: We had a king size bed that had a sweet cozy trundle . If our kids were still small they would have...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Huntington, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is a new, very attractive hotel. The staff were lovely and very accomodating. Having said this, I cannot recommend the hotel. The air conditioning and heating cycles on and off. There is silence and then the fan roars to life creating a great deal of noise. We barely slept. We brought this to the attention of the front desk. She said they had received similar complaints. An engineeer or maintenance person checked it, but the problem persisted. We are not fussy travellers but this was awful. There is a very small dining area consisting of only several tables.
Finally, our view was of the top level of a parking garage. Hate to write such a negative review, but I would want to know.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hans v, General Manager at Hotel Vermont, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback and I am very sorry to hear your sleep was disrupted by the operation of the airconditioning system. We have researched the issue in the room you stayed in and we are in the process of implementing a solution. While this will not provide comfort to you for your stay at the hotel recently, we do appreciate you reporting the matter so we can make improvements.

Sincerely
Hans van Wees
somerset
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night. It is a new hotel with a big theme of wood. There are nice chairs, sofas and what seems to be a large bed in the foyer. The bar is nice and on the evening it was full with students listening to jazz. The waitresses were friendly. Nice cocktails. The bedroom was nice, not very large. The bed was very high and comfortable. The bathroom and toilet walls were sliding so it all became one big room. It took for 5 minutes to find the wardrobe, you had to close the toilet wall/door. I then forgot where the toilet was. The toilet was in its own room with no sinl or towel which was a nuisance, only a small thing.
The hotel was very nice, and I imagine the large fire in the bar is very cosy.
Good breakfast. Nice terrace with view of the lake and mountains. Easy parking.
Nice hotel, in a good location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lakeland, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is a fairly new hotel so first I will say some of the things I liked about it. The staff were all very friendly and efficient. It is within walking distance to shops, restaurants and the water so that was nice. In the hallway they have an area for coffee, tea and water which I li,ed because i am a big coffee drinker. The room itself does not have a refrigerator or a safe and the air conditioner is noisy which surprised me. I didn't like the fact that the sliding door to the bathroom was the common door also to the closet. The bed was comfortable and had a nice down comforter. The door to the room is very heavy so I am sure very sound proof. I ate dinner in the restaurant that evening and to me that was the most disappointing of my visit. The waitress was excellent and she recommended the steak. I prefer filet but they only had strip steak so I said I would try it. It had a nice flavor but it was tough and had quite a bit of fat. I did not say anything because I was having dinner with one of my husband's colleagues wife's while they were at a business dinner. But I had the steak, a glass of wine and a salad and it cost me over $60.00 which I felt was not worth it. I wish I had walked down the street and ate elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stay in Burlington quite often usually stay at the Marriott-however Marriott was not available so we stayed in a suite at the Hotel Vermont.

The suite was very nice-however absolutely no view. The service was very good-check in and check out was quick and easy. Front desk was very helpful and polite. Hotel is very clean, nicely decorated and natural.

Overall it is a very nice property however it does not compare to the lovely lake view rooms, service and amenities at the Marriott.

Room Tip: 2nd floor suite was lovely but no viewt-higher level suites are better.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We decided to stay in the brand new luxury boutique to treat ourselves for our second honeymoon. What a horrible decision.

Pros:
Comfortable Bed

Cons:
- Not clean.
- No Refrigerator (though there was a big hole where it should be)
- Poorly stocked coffee area.
- No Room Service (though I could go downstairs and get mediocre food from the “restaurant” and then have them spill all the food in the bottom of the paper bag)
- No ATM (they sent me next door to The Marriott Courtyard)
- No soda, juice, etc (they sent me next door to the Marriott again. SHOULD HAVE JUST STAYED AT THE MARRIOTT)
- Only one “restaurant” consisting of 4 or 5 card tables (when they advertise two restaurants on their website. They now have changed their website to say the other is opening in September. But it showed opening in July when I booked my room in August)
- No working TV (it took 1-2 hours to come replace the remote)
- Very poor service (No assistance with luggage. No one answering phones. No one to help with any of my issues.)

The hotel does not have all the amenities yet but are still charging as if they do. I asked one manager and he told me that they would not be raising their rates when they have the amenities in place. That seems rather unfair.

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here, do NOT spend extra for the luxury room. NOT worth the extra.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hans v, General Manager at Hotel Vermont, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
We very much appreciate your feedback and apologize for not meeting the expectations you had for your Burlington hotel stay.

We are carefully reviewing and addressing the issues you presented, especially where it concerns service shortfalls.

As far as some of the lacking amenities: the hotel elected not to provide soda machines in an effort not to promote these beverages and their negative health and environmental impact; in stead the hotel offers water filling stations on each guestroom floor with sparkling or still filtered water using recycled glass bottles placed in each room. We understand, and accept, the fact that this may dispappoint some of our guests and apologize for this. We do however offer Coca Cola products in our bar.

While we understand your disappointment that in-room fridges, an ATM machine and room service are indeed not being offered at this time, the hotel does not advertise or promise these as available amenities, although we will start offering room service this fall.

As far as table seating in Juniper, our Bar and Restaurant, the following explanation may assist readers of this review: we offer seating for 60 guests, 38 of which at custom made solid wood tables (four 2-tops, two 4-tops, one 8-top and a community table with one 6-person section and one 8-person section), and 22 at the bar.

I am very sorry to hear about your disappointment with the manner in which food service was provided for take out. The spaces in the hotel were designed to encourage guests to enjoy a meal in the restaurant rather than an inferior dining experience in the space of a guest room, however we do recognize the need for in-room dining and when requested by guests we make food available for pick up. Our efforts to provide as positive a food experience as possible appear not to have been met in your situaiton and we will carefully review the procedure including presentation and delivery. I can understand your upset and we want provide a refund for the food your ordered.

Thank you again for sharing your concerns and we wish we had been able to better meet your expectations. We do hope your visit to Burlington was enjoyable.

Hans van Wees
General Manager - Hotel Vermont

Been to Hotel Vermont? Share your experiences!