“Incredibly Rude” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Ottawa, Canada
“Incredibly Rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife, 3 yr old daughter and I sat down and had a late lunch here around 3pm. Our waitress was very nice, and so was a gentelman who assisted us a few times - assuming he was the manager on duty at the time.

Then after eating, my wife went shopping for a little bit, my 3 year old coloured and I had some beers while I waited for my wife to return. In that time, the staff changed over. Wow, what a contrast.

The new waitress kept hinting that we should leave without actually saying it, so I kept ordering beers, hoping that it would be sufficient to be a good customer holding a table. Its not like I'm a slow drinker either. And we kept getting dirty looks by an older woman who I figured was the new manager on the floor. Eventually I was asked to pay up, and free up the table. I paid up promptly (including nice tip). But then later explained my situation that I was waiting for my wife and she wouldn't know how to find us if we left, and that sitting at the bar was no good because it was too high for my daughter. The manager came over and she suggested we go next door to a cafe and leave a note at the bar for my wife. Ridiculous. I wanted to keep ordering drinks, and possibly snack food, but they didn't care. And how would my wife know to ask the bartender for a note?

I would have gladly left, but I was in a bit of a bind, and they didn't care whatsoever, despite the fact that I was a paying customer all afternoon. For a place that doesn't have anything more than $10 on the menu, I thought I was doing pretty good racking up a $70 bill in 3 hours, and I wanted to add to it.

I worked as a waiter for 10+ years, and *never* complain or get upset about service, but I was shocked they were so willing to boot me and 3 year old daughter out as we waited for her mom to arrive. How unbelievably petty and money hungry can you be? Not to mention, it was sub-zero (celcius) temperatures, so its not like we could just wait outside.

However, I know this place is right in the middle of a very busy tourist area, so they're business will never suffer because of this review. They simply don't care - and they don't have to. Shameful.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Food is average. Coffee was cold and no free refills!! The outdoor seating was beautiful though and we enjoyed our meal basking in the sun on a chilly fall morning. If food is not the only thing for you, then you may not mind it.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Best Pizza in Town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stopped at this hallmark restaurant for a quick lunch and left noting that it was one of the best pizza's we've had in years. The outside dining area on the square is a must on a sunny day! The inside dining area is ecclectic and comfortable, but not overly large. Nice selection of Micro Brews and full bar to handle your choice of libation.

Visited September 2012
Lake George, New York
“Terrible service, rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

As we went into the place the atmosphere seamed nice. It was a sunday and was real busy outside, but there were a few empty tables inside. We sat at the table for just over 15 minutes before the waitress approached us and asked if we wanted drinks and gave us a menu.
We ordered drinks and waited as we looked over the menu. 20 minutes later the waitress went to the table next to us to bring the bill and looked at us, She said as she was leaving the other table she would have our drinks for us. In only 5 minutes she came back with drinks, and took our order for a pizza and a salad.
As we waited with our 5yr old the staff was cleaning off tables and talking with each other by the counter, looking around. NOT a child friendly place. The menu specifies that you should pay at least an 18% tip. Which if i was with a group of friends or single, would be ok, but this IS NOT a family dining place!! I will not dine here again even though i go to Burlington frequently, i would rather eat out of a dumpster than to deal with these people!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Markham, Canada
“Hohum Pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Average pizza, average prices, quick service. Good place to stop while on Church St shopping and looking for something quick. Don't expect gourmet...

Visited August 2012