“Friendly Service, Uneven Food” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 210 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Friendly Service, Uneven Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Nice welcoming staff here. They had a "Clam Invasion" promo on, not sure invasion is an appealing term...but lunch was busy, so who knows?

Have been before for fried clams which are very good. Today the Clams Casino seemed to have too much of the bread crumbs and were a bit dry, perhaps lacking the few drops of butter I expected.

Female server who has a slight accent very friendly, and knew the bottle I ordered, Cheverny ($34) from the Loire Valley, which impressed me. The glass pours on the wine list do not pair well with fish unless one wants Chardonnay. I asked her about this and she said it is to encourage bottle sales because one can take open bottles home. Guess I fit that mold, but I would suggest a nice Albarino from Spain would be appealing and affordable (and profitable) by the glass.

My "Fishwich" fried fish sandwich was bland and not crispy. My Wife's Broiled maple salmon seemed like low quality fish to her.

When I come back, I will stick to the Fried Clams.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Alburgh, Vermont
“Disappointed anniversary dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

My husband, my tot and I went there for your anniversary dinner. My husband said it was good and pricy there that should be good enough for the anniversary. We ordered calamari and clam chowder for appetizer. The calamari was not crispy and was soaky with oil. The soup was soooo salty. Then I ordered my meal which was a special menu, all you can eat clams, shrimps and belly clams for $19. I heard the deal that was good but when I got the food it made me disappointed. They came with very thick and salty(again) breading. I ate some with breaded pieces and they made my mouth felt so gresy so I had to peeled the breading out. We came home both sick of food. It was lucky that I did not order anything for my baby. We spend almost $80 for greasy and salty seafood!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
kbird
“Great location but the food has much to be desired”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

The location of restaurant is overlooking Lake Champlain which is fabulous but the food needs much improvement. The wait staff was friendly and accommodating. The restaurant has a variety of drinks and beers. A bloody Mary was ordered and it came with the boys (Shrimp), however the boys were overdone. The wait staff was friendly and accommodating. For starters we ordered the lobster bisque. It came out hot and with chunks of lobster meat. The bisque had a nice smooth texture and I thought we were off to a good start. There were four of us, so everyone had ordered something different for their entree. The entrees ordered were lobster roll, Cajun crab cakes, scallops with fried shrimp and steamed lobster. The steamed lobster was good. The scallops were delicious but the fried shrimp were over done. The lobster roll definitely needed some kind of seasoning beside mayo and the Cajun crab cakes were bland. The crab cakes had more breading than crab meat. The crab cakes could have benefited from some red peppers in them to provide some flavor. Did I mention the crab cakes were $22? We came, we tried but we won't be back. It's a shame because it's in a great location but the kitchen is definitely lacking in quality.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Great little place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Last time we ate here my family really enjoyed it! The food is outstanding, and not to pricey. I think we all had a great meal. We tried a variety of entries and all were very good. Recommend for a nice meal in a casual setting.

Visited March 2013
“A great dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

The food is great, and service and atmosphere are great. Everything on the menu is reasonably priced and is also kid friendly too and I believe they have a children's menu Which is on the main menu

• Visited May 2013