“Very nice dinner!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Leunig's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 188 Restaurants in Burlington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, French, American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: College Street
Transit: The Free Downtown College Street Shuttle stops across the street from Leunigs
Boston, MA
“Very nice dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Very good food, very good service. No reservations available, but we arrived before 6 and had no trouble getting an outside table. Everything was well-prepared and well-presented, nothing was rushed. A tad pricey, but not too outrageous for the area. Only downside is that this is apparently the only Church Street restaurant that won't allow dogs at their outdoor dining tables.

Visited September 2013

Lake Placid, New York
“Always the best in Burlington!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to Leunigs for years. Our son goes to UVM & I pop over at least once a month for lunch or to take our son & his college room mates for dinner. I am in the restaurant business & this place does an excellent job. It is a charming atmosphere, the servers, bartenders & host are friendly, even when very busy. The food is always spot on. They do a tremendous job & you can tell it is all done w/ a passion & love of what they do!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Vermont
“horrible experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We visited Lenuig’s Bistro last night, and the food was OK but had a horrible experience. We just moved to Burlington from the west coast and have been waiting to go here for months; my mother in law was here to visit and it was perfect time to try this place out. My husband loves to sit outside and when he told the manager who was also the host that we would prefer a table outside, he told us that it would be about 30 minutes. When we came back he immediately started to walk inside and my husband asked “I thought that we asked to be seated outside?” He stated that someone complained that it was too cold outside and they are not going to be able to sit us outside. We had brought our coats knowing that the nights are getting colder but we got over that and continued with the rest of the evening. When we seated here is when the horrible experience happened, the table next to us was so loud, the men were laughing hysterically at the top of their voices, the women was even worst. There were about 20 other people in the room besides the group of 8 that was there and you could tell on everyone face that their dining experience was being running by this group whom seemed to be older professionals. When I initially heard the excessive noise coming from this table, I noticed that they just completed their dinner and thought that we didn’t have to deal with this much longer. I was wrong after we got on dinner we all tried to enjoy it has much as we could but I could not handle it anymore. I went to look for the manager and expressed my concern about my dining experience being ruined by the table behind us and he basically shrugged me like who cares about your experience and found excuses for letting the table ruin other peoples in the experience in the restaurant. He basically stated that they were not cussing and that since they were not using profanity that that it was ok to be so load in fine dining establishment. What I also found strange is that he became defense when I approached him of my dissatisfaction of what was happening. Excuse me sir you are the manager and one of the main part of your job it to deal with customers complaints. He also stated what would you like me to do and I’m not the only one who has complained about them. This is what got me upset and because you are asking me what to do and you are managing this place and you don’t know how to handle this place. Also, I was not the only person who had complained then obviously that is an issue that you need to address. He might have not cared about my little table of three but there were clearly about other 15 people in there that was having horrible experience because of that table of 8. After, it was clearly noticed that him did not care about anything that I has just expressed to him and just stated “I at least expect you to hear my feedback” and walked away. Why would you want to go to restaurant that clearly doesn’t care for their customers?

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Vermont
“Good food, terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I went to Leunig's for brunch in July and I wrote this email to the business after my experience there. I never received a message back and I don't think that I will ever be returning after such poor service and no response to the email.

Sunday Brunch
1 message
EM<e*****@gmail.com> Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 1:20 PM
To: mail@leunigsbistro.com
Hello,

I just wanted to email you to tell you how disappointed I was with the service we received on Sunday the 28th for brunch. We had a party of 7 and though we were seated fairly quickly I thought that the service was quite poor. It took much longer than usual to get food and beverages, and we watched while tables of diners came in and out without receiving our food. The waiter did not seem the friendliest either. For the cost of brunch at Leunig's and the amount that we spent on food and drinks I would have expected much better service. I also wanted to mention that I thought it was bizarre that when we were finally ready to pay our waiter brought out dessert menus and left them at the table without even asking us if we were interested in seeing them. We did not, and this wasted more time. Then when we finally received the bill it was an issue because we wanted to split the check evenly. We received some attitude from the server and we saw him slam down the bill at the computer where you do payments. I thought this was really unnecessary and then it continued to take over 30 minutes for us to receive our receipts. This was one of the worst restaurant experiences I have had in a long time. The server was rude and the experience was not ideal. The food was great, but I was very disappointed with the experience overall.

E

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“very creative menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We were fortunate enough to find this place on our first day in Burlington and it was fabulous. The windows roll up like a garage door and add to the European feel. Very tasty meal if a little pricey.

Visited September 2013