“Meh. there are much better places” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Vermont
“Meh. there are much better places”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The menu is very small. I had a hamburger. It was OK but not great, especially for the price. Service was very slow. Nothing special, there are much better places on Church Street to eat.

Visited August 2012

Fort Worth, TX
“Good food and amosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Great Reuben and fries. Nice list of draft beers. Wonderful service and great people watching on Church Street. We shall return.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newton, New Jersey
“Smell, poor service, terrible hostess, etc.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This place is in a great location, but we should have walked out as soon as we walked in. My wife and I walked in to see if there were any bar seats and there were none together. We were accosted by the hostess who may have her face crack if she actually smiled or had a personality. We ordered one beer on special and a hamburger to split. The beer was an Otter Creek Octoberfest and we each had a sip. It was either the tap or the beer, but it was awful. I told the waitress that it was terrible and she suggested a Switchback. It was the right call but upon receiving the check, the first beer was on it. She received a very poor tip, but got more later. Upon traveling back to Jay Peak, both of us were competing in our two bathrooms as to who could be sicker longer. Should have walked out when I smelled the place. PLEASE DO NOT GO unless you have a lead stomach.

Visited August 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing Veggie Burgers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was my first time visiting Vermont in over 12 years. My friend and I weren't quite sure where we wanted to eat, so we headed to CST. I think it took them about 20 minutes to serve the food (it's a bit much in my opinion), however, it was well worth the wait! I had the veggie burger sandwich, and it was the best damned burger I've ever had. My friend had the tavern burger I think, and he loved it too. Safe to say that we enjoyed every last bit of our food! One of the waitresses wasn't at all friendly or aware of her surroundings, but the great food made up for it all. I'm definitely coming back for another veg. burger!
Oh, it was also quite affordable, for the two burgers and a large basket of waffle fries (which, btw, were YUM), we paid 28$!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colchester, Vermont
“Worst Service ever!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Wow!!! Just experienced the worst customer sevice ever at the Church Street Tavern. I have been there so many times, I can not count. Only in the past year has the service gone down the drain. I ordered my meal with the waitress, the hostess delivered the meal, and before I realized it, I had no silverware to enjoy my meal. It was over 17 minutes before anyone even came back to see if I needed anything. I had to flag down the hostess(Bleach Blonde) and asked for some silverware. She seemed to be bothered by my request.She stared at me for about 10 seconds like a deer in headlights. And slowly walked it over with the silverware with nothing said.

Now my waitress finallty shows up and asked if everthing was Ok? Are you kidding me!! I told her about the incident with the hostess. I smiled and laughed. Boy, they had no problem getting my check to me in a timely manner. That took less than 90 seconds..

Maybe CST needs to have a seminar on good cistomer service. I guess I need to rethink recommending CST to friends and family...

• Visited August 2012