“Best dinner we had in Burlington, VT” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Garden City, New York
“Best dinner we had in Burlington, VT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

We stayed in Burlington for 5 nights and this was the best meal we had, I had the Zuppa di Pesce which was very flavorful. The seafood was not overly cooked so you can tell they make it fresh. My wife had the Pappardelle al Mare e Monte which she liked as well. It came with 4 large scallops in a savory mushroom cream sauce.

Service was excellent and friendly as we came with our 4 year old son. Some restaurants like these don't like kids but our server was playfull and attentive. The only negative thing is we had to wait about 30 minutes past our reservation time of 8:30 and it was a Wednesday!

Montreal
“THE best restaurant in Burlington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

If we could, we would have written a love letter to the chef. It was incredibly good. After a few nights in disappointing restaurants, we finally got a hit in Delia's. The ambiance is cozy, and this would be ideal on a cold winter's night. We started with the escargots - a must-try- flambeed in sambuca and perfectly seasoned. We ordered the filet mignon and osso bucco- both which were indescribably authentic and delicious.The meats were both tender and cooked to perfection. The osso bucco came with a wonderful creamy risotto. The caramel sorbet and espressos were a nice finish. Wine menu is excellent and well chosen. The service was wonderful- informed, unpretentious and attentive. We were amazed at how reasonably priced it is for such high quality food. Would recommend a million times over.

New York, New York
“Best Restaurant I've Been to in Ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

Simply the best restaurant I've been to in ages.....and I live in New York City where are there are great restaurants everywhere. Came to Burlington to run the marathon and I'll definitely be back to this place. Total check for two people was about $100, which included appetizers, pasta dish followed by a meat dish. Just did not have any room for dessert.

Ascutney, Vermont
“Truly the best dining experience. Baker - May 8, 2010”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

We have had the pleasure of dining at Trattori Delia only twice...so far. Because it is two and half hours away by car we make special plans and have to stay in a hotel in order to eat at the Trattoria Delia. Obvioulsy, it is worth spending the extra money on a hotel just for the dining experience. In all of my travels I have never been served a better fillet mignon. My husband had the lamb shank special and loved it so much he is now searching the web for similar recipies to try his hand at. Our friends order the veal scallopine and the fillet mignon. They raved about their meals as well. The portions were generous. The atmosphere was a mix of the romantic, but fun, and clearly a true Italian dining experience where conversations were anything but hushed. Our server was very accommodating, had a great sense of humor, and didn't make any effort to rush our dining experience. Yet, she seemed to appear out of nowhere when our glasses needed to be topped off or when the check was ready. One thing I would like to note. The server did not start removing our dinner plates until the last of us was finished. What a truly delightful experience that was. As I am usually the last one to finish eating I didn't feel "rushed" since I was not the only diner at our table with a plate in front them. If only other restaurants would adopt this type of service!

northampton, ma
“Deliciously Charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

My husband and I loved Trattoria Delia. The atmosphere of the restaurant is charming - beautifully decorated with an almost Tuscan feel to it. The food was delicious. It was perfectly done in every way; the taste was fresh, healthy and exquisite. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive.

The table we were first seated at felt cramped and we asked to be seated elsewhere. They were very kind and obliging to our request. So in every way, our experience at Trattoria Delia was wonderful.