“Wonderful dinner, wonderful service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Lake Placid, New York
“Wonderful dinner, wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Trattoria Delia last evening. We started with a salad, and enjoyed wonderful homemade crusty bread with an excellent herb butter. For a main course I had Pasta alla Parmigiana which was just wonderful. The pasta was perfectly cooked, the homemade sauce was wonderful, and the veal meatball delicious and like none I have ever had. My wife had the Tagliatelle al Mare e Monte which she savored. Desert was wonderful, the pistachio ice cream was natural, and was not overly sweet.
The service we received was superior. While there was a line to get in, we had luckily made reservations and our table was set and ready for us. Our waitress, Heather, was friendly, and very helpful throughout our meal. Always attentive, never bothersome.
I don't write many reviews, but felt compelled to write this for Trattoria Delia. We can't wait to go there again. My advise- make reservations, then go and enjoy!

• Visited April 2013
TD152, Owner at Trattoria Delia, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Adirondack Bob,
Thank you very very much for your kind review, we are flattered that you took the time to write one on Trip Advisor.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal, and the meatball recipe originates from Tom's family Sunday dinners at his Grandmother's house. We strive to create friendly, attentive and comfortable service and dining experience; glad to know we were successful in providing that for you.

We look forward to your return visit!
Regards,

Gorham, New Hampshire
“Neat atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was looking for good italian food so I found this (highly rated) on tripadvisor. I got their early and was able to get right in. The bread with garlic butter was fantastic - I could not stop eating it. I opted for the Pasta alla Parmigiana for $18.50 -Rigatoni baked with salsa pomodoro, house made veal meatball, fennel sausage, eggplant parmigiana and fresh mozzarella. I was able to get more meatballs since I wasn't a sausage fan but only at a piece of one. They season the meatballs with nutmeg and allspice and it was a bit too heavy for my palate. The pasta and eggplant were good but nothing I would rave about. Waitress was very nice and her service was excellent.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
TD152, Owner at Trattoria Delia, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Hopsing NH,
Thank you for your review!

Glad to hear you enjoyed our homemade bread and herbed butter! Sorry to hear the spices in the meatballs were not your liking, but thank you for letting us know so we can adjust the amount of seasoning if need be.

We hope to see you again when you are in Burlington.
Regards,
Waterbury Center, Vermont
“Simply The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This has been our favorite Burlington restaurant for many years, and it never disappoints us.
Ok, let's start with the negatives first. This is not your local inexpensive family spaghetti house. If you're looking for that, go to Olive Garden. On the other hand, Yes, you should bring your family, behaved children are more than welcome at trattoria Delia.
The good. Everything else! It's located in the heart of downtown, right around the corner from the Flynn Theater, the cultural center of Burlington and northern Vermont, and just a block away from famous Church Street. Park, dine, enjoy the wine, and walk right around the corner for the show. No driving the car until hours later. Excellent true Italian food, we've been there too, an extensive wine list, knowledgeable and professional servers, it's simply the best. This review is not based on just one good night, but on many years of dining at this wonderful restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
TD152, Owner at Trattoria Delia, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Ranger Bob,
Thank you for your kind words!

We hope you come to join us for our 20 year Anniversary in June. Thank you for your many years of patronage!

Best.
Trattoria Delia
Bristol, Rhode Island
“An Oasis In The Desert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have been meaning to write this review for quite sometime. On New year's Day I was driving from Montreal to Boston and decided to stop in Burlington VT for dinner. This is not a town particularly noted for it's fine dining options so I consulted TripAdvisor and decided upon Trattoria Delia. This is a small chef owned and operated place neatly tucked away on a somewhat forbidding street in the downtown. Do not be deterred. The place is a little gem. The inside is a bit dark and off putting but once inside you feel its cozy and warm atmosphere envelope you. Let's be clear. This is not a red sauce joint but a very authentic Italian restaurant serving well prepared regional dishes. The owner is Pugliese and the menu reflects his bias for this region of Italy. I would recommend the homemade pasta and the eggplant appetizer. The wine list is expansive and eclectic. All the desserts are house made. I intend to return to this culinary oasis the next time I pass through Burlington. You should too.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
TD152, Owner at Trattoria Delia, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Pierantonio,
I loved your review! "This is not a red sauce joint...." You summed up exactly what it is we do in your review.

We thank you for contributing to our Trip Advisor reviews and we look forward to your return visit!

Best,
Greenville, South Carolina
“OMG didn't know it was here...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Wow. Invite to dinner and discuss business, and the night was perfect. Incredible hidden gem, best restaurant in Burlington by far. Atmosphere? Perfect! Food? I had the scallops over pasta and could not have made it any better. This is authentic Italian. Good wine, great service. Please, please don't tell a bunch of people about this. I need to have room to go back...
No downside at all except the related trying to park my car--nightmarish at best, but keep circling or walk 5 blocks...It is worth the trouble for sure.

• Visited March 2013
TD152, Owner at Trattoria Delia, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Boris,
Thank you for writing your review on Trip Advisor. It brings us such pleasure when we hear of someone who discovers us for the first time; we will be celebrating our 20 year Anniversary this June and there are still guests we haven't reached!

We can't wait for your return!

Best,