“Great Dining for a Group” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Shelburne, Vermont
“Great Dining for a Group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Whenever there is a event such as a bachelorette party or birthday, Verita is at the top of my list. They accommodate to groups if you call ahead with a reservation. I found that ordering ahead of time with a handful of pizzas is so convenient and that way everyone gets a taste of a lot of the selections on the menu.
The atmosphere almost feels "city" with a European vibe that Burlington desperately needed!! All around a great pick for excellent value and experience.

Visited October 2013
Leslie W, Manager at Pizzeria Verita, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thanks for such a nice review, Ashley! We are always pleased to host group events, and we agree that it is usually easiest to choose some menu items to share ahead of time. We look forward to your next group gathering with us!

Northeast England
“To quote the cliche, "you gotta eat here"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed in Burlington for 4 nights and ate here twice! The service is brilliant, really friendly and informative staff and tasty, well cooked food. Being from the UK we are always a bit nervous of being overfaced with the size of the portions in US restaurants. The waitress suggested we share a pizza , as they are "quite large" and have a selection of their starters. The caramelised onions were lovely and the in-house mozzerella is fantastic. Our pizzas, on both occasions were delicious and even better for being washed down by the local beers. The atmosphere was great with a wide range of ages present,enjoying special occasions or just a good evening meal. Brilliant!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leslie W, Manager at Pizzeria Verita, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your first dining experience enough to come back a second time during your trip! :) Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I hope you had a wonderful vacation.
Jackson, Wyoming, USA
“delizioso!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Verita has incredible food, cocktails, staff and the perfect ambiance. It was one of my favorite places to eat when I live in Burlington. Now I make sure to stop by for a visit on my trips home.

Visited September 2013
Hi, thank you so much for the kind review! We really appreciate it. Hope to see you during your next visit home to VT :)
Burlington, Vermont
“Phenomenal Fig and Arugula Pizzas! Enjoy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We enjoy, i.e. virtually inhale, Pizzeria Verita's pizzas ever time we eat them. Last time we had one pizza with figs and another with fresh arugula. With the fresh ingredients (including the parmesan cheese imported from Italy) and the wood fired oven, we are in sensory heaven
with every bite. We tend to go early to avoid the rush. Enjoy!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leslie W, Manager at Pizzeria Verita, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hi, thank you so much for the nice review! We really appreciate it. Looking forward to having you dine with us again soon!
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Posh and overpriced for an 'okay' pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We decided to give Pizzeria Verita a try after reading good reviews on TripAdvisor. It was a 25-minute wait on a Sunday night which is a good sign and I was excited to give their pizza a review.

The service was attentive and friendly but they only serve water in small 4oz glasses which forces the waitresses to walk around often to keep refilling with posh hipster blue glass bottles. I suppose this is popular since it keeps the wait staff constantly moving from table to table but it just gets annoying after awhile. I would prefer if they just served with normal sized glasses.

After we ordered (just two pizzas) the waitress come over about 45-minutes later and told us that the kitchen was backed up and she "let them know to put our order upfront." Since the couple next to us were seated, served, and ate in that time I knew she was just BSing over the fact that she forgot to put our order in. After all, I highly doubt a kitchen that produces pizzas all night would be ''backed up'' over two small pizzas.

About 25-minutes after that we got our pizzas. The crust was burnt and it was over sauced, over cheesed, and the flavor was nothing exceptional. Overall, disappointed my expectations for the previous reviews I had read.

Just a suggestion, maybe if that wait staff wasn't distracted by constantly being on hipster blue bottle water patrol, they could focus on actually putting the orders in. Most likely won't be back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Leslie W, Manager at Pizzeria Verita, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hi, thank you for dining with us and taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations. The staff is usually very sensitive to whether our customers are enjoying their dinner, and are expected to check in with each guest to see if they are happy with their meals. I apologize because unfortunately it sounds like this may not have been your experience. If you care to discuss your visit further, please feel free to contact me via email at leslie@pizzeriaverita.com or by phone at 802-489-5644. Thanks again for your feedback.