“Wished we could have stayed longer” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bel Aire Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Burlington
Bel Aire Motel
You added Bel Aire Motel to your Saves list
111 Shelburne Road, Burlington, VT 05401   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Burlington
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Wished we could have stayed longer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed at the Bel-Aire in late September for one night. We love motels like this - older style, friendly owners, and just more character than the usual chains. Price was reasonable for the area. Close to drive downtown - wish we could have spent another day. Lake Champlain Chocolate factory very close by - that was an interesting stop. Stayed in the upper level room with 2 beds and a HUGE bathroom. What a surprise. Room was clean, bed was comfy. There was a mini fridge in the room and table and chairs just outside our door. LOVED the cat. He made us feel right at home. Gas station/convenience store is literally right beside the hotel, but not visible until you go out of the driveway. Donut shop is also very close. My parents stayed in a double room next door which was smaller but had everything they needed. My husband and I were very pleased with our accommodations, and we can't wait to visit Vermont again. Great state!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stop 2 of our New England road trip. We were looking for somewhere cheap with a little character. We succeeded in the latter. I had made my original communication with the team at Bel Aire by email 6 months ago. I explained our needs and was asked whether I would like to confirm. I did. I emailed again a week ago to reconfirm and there was no respone.

The motel is easy to find. It's on the main road south of Burlington, just over a mile from the centre. It proclaims to be the closest Inn to the city but, as you'll still use your car, I wouldn't mark that as the USP. On our arrival, I was bruskly informed that they had no record of our existence, that they don't accept bookings over the internet and that I had not arranged anything by email. We needed the rooms so I didn't argue. They only have twin double rooms. They have no cribs. The hot water takes 5 minutes to run through. The decor is dated - you can call that character. The TV is an ancient CRT. Coffee is available from 8. The towels were nice.

Would I stay here again - no. $120 (including tax) is a ridiculous price. Having continued our travels, we have found numerous establishments throughout New England that offer more for less. You are probably better off in one of the chain motels near the airport, unfortunately.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cherry Valley, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place was a pleasant surprise.It was not modern, but it was clean. The shower had great hot water and great water pressure. The greater cat is adorable and the complimentary coffee was delicious. Thanks!

Room Tip: second floor rooms offer a porch in the front.
Mobile Bay, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I stopped here while leaf-peeping. We found it to be fairly convenient for what we wanted to see, which was downtown Burlington and the Shelburne Museum. The room was clean, but small. The lady at the front desk was friendly and pleasant. No coffee in room. Coffee in the office after 8 am. It was very good coffee! I might add that the downtown rooms in Burlington were all very expensive, and this one was not super cheap, but quite a bit less. It was nice to be able to back up to the door of our room and unload suitcases, since it was raining.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Torbay
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This motel is in need of some TLC, especially the bathrooms. Expensive for what is provided, no breakfast provided either. Owners are not particularly helpful with things to do. AC unit was very loud.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My aunt and I decided to visit Burlington at the last minute for an overnighter, and Bel Aire Motel was the only place rated decently on Trip Advisor that had rooms still available. I haven't stayed in a motel in many years, but based on what other travelers had reported, I thought that it would suit us fine for one night.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, offering us a map of the city before we headed out. The room was clean enough, minus one glaring issue, which was a dirty towel that had been left hanging on the back of the bathroom door! The woman I spoke to about it the next morning was very apologetic and thanked me for letting her know. The shower took quite awhile to warm up, so long that my aunt decided to just take a quick cold shower, rather than waste all that water! The bed, however was quite comfortable, which goes a long way for me.

We paid $132 for one night, which I thought was a bit steep for what we got. But, based on what I've read and heard, that's pretty good for Burlington.

Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Burlington motels seem overpriced, and in another area this one would be for what you get, but it is reasonable for this area. Typical 1950s-60s design, but clean and the carpet looked new. Room 17 has a queen bed, a fridge and microwave, flat screen tv, adequate bath with a shower stall, hair dryer, but no coffee in the room, and other than coffee in the office, no breakfast. There are restaurants nearby. It's about six miles from the great Shelburne Museum, and about a mile or so from Burlington's downtown. Free wifi, but I didn't use, since I had good 3G reception. Can't comment on heat or a/c since temp was great without it. A thermostat on wall looked like it controlled both, but there was also a wall mounted unit. If I hadn't depended on TripAdvisor reviews, I would have been hesitant to stay here given past experience with some older motel operators.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Bel Aire Motel? Share your experiences!