“Father's Day Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bel Aire Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Burlington
Bel Aire Motel
111 Shelburne Road, Burlington, VT 05401   |
Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Burlington
hampton, ct
“Father's Day Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We would echo other Trip Advisor reviewers in that this motel provides nice, basic accommodations with friendly owners, comfortable beds and a clean room. We were out early both mornings before the motel coffee was served, but there is a Dunkin Donuts a quarter mile down the road. Accommodations are expensive in Burlington and the Bel Aire is not cheap. But compared to other options, it is a good value. It is close to downtown, but further than walking distance (perhaps two miles).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Needham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Had a one night stay there recently on our way from Boston to Quebec. Very nice basic accomodations with freindly owners and a very clean room. Good location just a few minutes drive to downtown Burlington.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
NOVA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed here for one night on a solo road trip to the NE. On this trip, budget was key, which led me to this place. It cost $79 a night (not including taxes) in the "high season", which I guess June is for Burlington although I could not tell. Standard hotel room, including a mini fridge and microwave, cable tv, desk and chair, and was pretty clean. Not in downtown Burlington, but only a short way out. Lots of grocery stores/pharmacies and quick restaurants within a few blocks.

On the con side, the parking lot is a bit tight, so I would recommend parking on the left side (against the grass) versus the hotel room side. There was no extra blanket (although I didn't ask) and the chain was missing from the door lock. Of note, if you are allergic to cats, there are at least two who live in the main office, and one of which in any case goes outside.

Overall, it was a decent place to stay. Not sure if I will ever get to Burlington again, but I wouldn't steer anyone away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Holland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were in Burlington on a very congested weekend--Memorial Day, the marathon, various college graduations--so options were limited. We chose the BelAire based on Tripadvisor reviews, and clean and basic were what we got. Firm mattresses, clean room, tiny spaces, cordial and helpful staff. Good for a short stay, but after three nights we were glad to move on.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Had read good reviews about this family-run motel and had a pleasant 2 night stay in May.
The welcome was warm and helpful and the coffee in Reception was good and strong.
The room decor wasn't to my taste, but my husband loved it, he's a fan of motels.
The bed was comfortable but the room had a few odd (to me) features eg wires hanging down.
The tiny shower had two of my pet hates - fixed head shower and clingy shower curtain, but it did it's job and got us clean. Tip: wait until the room to your right has had a shower and the hot water will come through quicker.
The wi-fi in room 14 was a bit iffy, but worked.
No breakfast but good things to eat in Burlington.
Overall this was a successful stay and I would recommend this motel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My friend and I were looking for somewhere fairly inexpensive to stay while we were on a decently long road trip. We eventually stumbled up on the Bel Aire Motel, and decided to give it a shot. We were blown away. To say it's "good, especially for a motel" would be doing a disservice to how awesome the people are, how clean the rooms were, and how generally positive of an experience we had.

Of course, it's an older building. It has CRT TVs. It doesn't have coffee machines.

None of this mattered to us at all. The place was clean, the people were incredibly kind, and we had a 100% positive experience.

Thanks a lot to the owners (I won't post their last name here), you guys were fantastic!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My family, my parents, and my sister (with her two young sons) all stayed at the Bel Air last weekend and it could not have been more pleasant. It was graduation weekend for UVM and every one of the big chain hotels was booked solid and very expensive, but there was room for all of us and we were very pleased with every aspect of our accommodations. The only disappointing aspect of our stay was when I realized that for the last 4 years I had been staying at the Sheraton, when I should have been staying at the Bel Air. Thanks for everything (extra pillows, fresh pots of coffee, excellent recommendations for bagels, wine glasses from your own kitchen, and of course the great verandah outside of our room!) it was just a great weekend and you were a big part of it!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Bel Aire Motel? Share your experiences!