“Great, juicy gourmet burgers and excellent service in a laid back setting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sky Burger - CLOSED

Sky Burger
Lower Church street, Burlington, VT
802-881-0642
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Description: Around the corner from the Flynn Theater.
Description: Around the corner from the Flynn Theater.
Burlington, Vermont
“Great, juicy gourmet burgers and excellent service in a laid back setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Sky Burger is rapidly becoming a Burlington institution and for good reason: the food is awesome, the service is friendly, attentive and fast, the setting in unpretentious and comfortable, and the prices are right. The selection of burgers - sizes, toppings, etc. - is amazing and they are cooked right every time. They also have non-beef and vegetarian burger choices, including a portabello burger my wife loves. My kids love the thick milkshares (served with a topping of cotton candy). The kids menu has non-burger options also. Definitely try the sweet potato fries! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Sky Burger to friends, students, clients or family. And it's located on the new extension of Church Street Marketplace so it's a few minutes walk to most of Burlington's great sites and events! Now has seasonal outdoor seating and dog-friendly!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

85% Recommend
Brockville,ON
“Sky Burger Has Mouth-Watering Burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

One of the trademarks of Sky Burger is their fresh ground beef that is prepared daily for its customers to enjoy. While I was there, I ordered an Oreo mint milkshake and a mouth-watering Mama Mia burger that was a delight to savor.

If you enjoy a gourmet burger that is a cut above the rest, try Sky Burger.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Jersey
“EXCELLENT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We say the review of Sky Burger on T.A. and decieded to give it a try. We did the rail trail bike route first from the dock to the causway end ( about 8 miles each way) so we were hungry when we arrived, We had no wait and were quickly seated and the waiter was egreat and explained everything. event he owner came by and helped my wife make up her mind on what to order. WOW, I ordered the lamb burger and my wife ordered the mini burger and salad. The burgers were great! I am not one to tell you places are great but this is one that fits the bill. Dont waste your time on places that have marginal food, go here where the burgers are great. Oh yea, and the beer is real cold they have lots of local brew options on tap.

• Visited August 2011
London
“Sky-tastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Visited this place on the recommendation of the B&B owner where we were staying in Burlington....and gosh, were we pleased with her suggestion. We started with drinks, the husband in seventh heaven over the selection of beers and IPA's all served up in small 'taster' glasses, perfect if you want to taste your way through a bunch. Teenage daughter had a milkshake, first she had to take a photo, and then she quickly polished off the lot without any of us allowed to taste it, boy-teen enjoyed an ice cold soft drink. We then started to select food, oh, decisions, decisions, you can pretty much build your own burger, beef, lamb, chicken, fish, vege-bean, they usefully even do three different sizes, any topping, lots of sides. The husband and kids thought their meat burgers were best ever tasted, melt in the mouth quality - my Thai Black Bean burger was utterly delicious. The young chap behind the bar who also served was charming, keen, full of useful information, a joy to chat with. Sky himself does the creation and cooking of burgers, they grind their own locally sourced meat, fresh each day, and you can tell it's top quality. I hope very much that this super little restaurant continues to thrive - it certainly deserves many more reviews.

• Visited July 2011
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Keep going south on Church Street, cross Main Street and you'll hit the best burger you've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

My girls live in Burlington and I get there about three times a year. Always my first meal is at Sky Burger. The burgers and the choices surrounding what to put on them are endless and will keep you coming back (as I do). The milkshakes are absolute perfection. The service is perfect. The owners are often on-site making themselves available to all customers and keeping things running smoothly. If I'm in Burlington for three days, I'll eat there at least four times. I know that ratio is off, but it's that good. I'll go two times in a day if the girls will let me. Mishka and Sky, thank you for what you do!! I can't wait to get back...probably October.

• Visited March 2011